Minor QoL Request - Let revenants see what stance we are in while mounted!

Esufer.8762

This isn't a dealbreaker by any means, but any time I'm mounting and dismounting between combat in reasonably quick succession (I guess WvW and Open World PVE would be the primary examples here), I sometimes forget what stance I'm in with occasionally hilarious consequences.

Dismount and get ready to Nomad's Advance onto my target to gap close? Whoops I'm in Shiro and I've rolled backwards off of a conveniently placed cliff.

Ready to warp in with Phase Traversal on my Renegade? Nope, accidentally built a small road with help from an enthusiastic dwarf.

Just letting our stance icon persist on our buff bar would be a massive help.

• Like 4

On 1/12/2023 at 3:40 PM, Esufer.8762 said:

, I sometimes forget what stance I'm in with occasionally hilarious consequences.

Ye this is annoying. While Anet is working enthusiastically on it, you can solve at least some issue with this( i guess, could be wrong as cannot check right now). In build tab make it so first legend on build is always opening one, like shirt, it should appear to the left of selection. Same with weapon, opening weapon should be on top of selection in equipment tab.

That way even if you swap templates while mounted you will know what to expect when you dismounted. 

Even if on template swap not first legend/ weapon are chosen, but same slot you had on template before, if you do this to all your templates should still be better, since you usually roam while engage set equipped.

• Like 1

It's the way our buff bar is being cleaned out when we get on a mount, because it's essentially transforming into another entity. Normally, we are able to see our current Legend as an icon in the buff bar, but it culls itself the moment you mount up as now you are a mount, not a Revenant. 

Wonky business tbh, and should be easy to implement the Legend icon as persisting throughout a transform. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm aware you're basically another in-game object that looks like your character on your mount when you're mounted (as indicated by the different stats, too), but hopefully it's feasible that when you mount, the game checks what stance you're in and then just puts it on the buff bar for the mount.

Obviously not a top priority problem that's stopping me from playing Revenant, but it'd be really nice as I tend to have different openers depending on what stance I'm starting off in, and if I expect Phase Traversal to go off but instead hit Scavenger Burst, I'm sat there looking like a dweeb and 20 energy down for no reason.