Do I get it right that Psychic Riposte is just seriously bugged?

Tiah.3091

I noticed that sometimes my Bladesongs get randomly blocked.

I'm obviously thinking "well, perhaps the buff expired". Then I read somewhere, that if you get a Psychic Riposte and then do some other action (weapon attack or a spell cast) then the buff just doesn't work. I'm thinking -- okay, that's weird, but I'll try to cast Bladesongs ASAP after dodge/block.

Then this happens: 

I mean, I literally just dodged a dragon tooth, then immediately casted Harmony. And it got blocked entirely by Rev's Staff 3. How's that fair?!

Can we get a fix on that?

At least the video support your claim. You indeed consume psychic riposte when using harmony and curiously all blades are blocked.

The wiki offer an answer, though:

Furthermore, if you cast any skills while the bladesong skill is sending out projectiles, they will lose their unblockable fact. Does not have to be a full cast to cause this.
Edited by Dadnir.5038

43 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

if you cast any skills while the bladesong skill is sending out projectiles

But that's the point: I didn't cast anything. I rolled, I casted Bladesong -- Bladesong got blocked.

(I did cast mantra AFTER all the projectiles were already in mid-flight, and some even already hit the target).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tiah.3091 said:

But that's the point: I didn't cast anything. I rolled, I casted Bladesong -- Bladesong got blocked.

(I did cast mantra AFTER all the projectiles were already in mid-flight, and some even already hit the target).

You did have your AA glowing as if it's casting. The AA also count as a skill.

8 minutes ago, semak.7481 said:

Are you internet explorer? Its bugged since the release

Well, I haven't played the game since 2018. I tried it out briefly at EOD release (for like a week or less), but didn't notice it back then. Last week I decided to give it a second try.

24 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

You did have your AA glowing as if it's casting. The AA also count as a skill.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks! (Granted, I can't say that made me feel any better. The bug is still annoying AF)

I tried very hard to not do anything when I got the buff and before using bladesongs, and I think it worked less of 50% of times. Sometimes it’s me still can’t fully control myself, sometimes I can’t tell why it still didn’t work. This trait is like gambling, I hate it. Yet, it’s 100% the only grandmaster trait worth to take in competitive mode.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Wait, so you legit have to stop doing anything or the trait doesnt work? is this really happening? that renders it unusable what the kitten

Welcome to Mesmer. 😛

Jokes aside, yeah. Pretty much. It's unfortunately the best trait on Virtuoso anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:44 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Wait, so you legit have to stop doing anything or the trait doesnt work? is this really happening? that renders it unusable what the kitten

Whatever you see on the wiki isnt first instance of truth and can be edited by anyone and if its there, doesnt mean its accurate.

FC duration in game says 1.5s evade, on wiki its 1/2.

They didnt add a bug detail to spb discipline trait that makes it reduce cd of the bursts by ~28%.

Neither anet knows about gs3 on guardian using PVE values in pvp for a long time already. (Doubt anyone edited that on wiki as well)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

Wiki: 
Furthermore, if you cast any skills while the bladesong skill is sending out projectiles, they will lose their unblockable fact. Does not have to be a full cast to cause this.

Yeah, Anet should do us all a favour and remove the text suggesting that the next bladesong will be unblockable or just remove the skill, since it's probably one of the most useless end core skills for mesmer