How to roam with core guardian hammer.

Mikhael.2391

On 1/18/2023 at 7:47 PM, Mikhael.2391 said:

Please notice that in group fights I stay in the back like a thief and go in for the low/weak target to make sur eit goes down. works wonders in my group.

Except it's not a thief, its got the one BANG then you're parked. No mobility, no stealth, no cooldowns. 

A free kill essentially.

How that works in your group? Welll...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Except it's not a thief, its got the one BANG then you're parked. No mobility, no stealth, no cooldowns. 

A free kill essentially.

How that works in your group? Welll...

Arguably significantly better at at said burst combo than thief builds trying to unload such bursts though, and has some selfish sustain to potentially get LOS/remove oneself from an extended fight with allies around.  Still gets RF and some virtue options. 

Nothing about this can't be done with WB and be objectively better, if not pretty good as a kill-and-clean build.

Like we all know soulbeast is the undisputed best at burst oneshot combo glass builds that basically can do this but safer, but even full Signet D/D thief doesn't reach these numbers anymore or even close to them, and that has even less sustain/exit potential into the mobility/ranged burst fiesta the game is today, considering said build runs zero utilities and no spare initiative for shortbow.  Honestly, if picking between alpha strike builds, I'd play this over pretty much anything else core game in terms of effectiveness.  Basically immune to blind, too.

And I mean if he runs with a thief and pocket heal ele, it's a pretty strong trio since the ele can actually stick to its ally instead of having to navigate a thief resetting out of range.

There are obviously better builds, and better burst builds (ranger, mes, engi, and even necro all have options), but for core game, not much out there competes, and its damage still holds up plenty as demonstrated.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Arguably significantly better at at said burst combo than thief builds trying to unload such bursts though, and has some selfish sustain to potentially get LOS/remove oneself from an extended fight with allies around.  Still gets RF and some virtue options. 

Nothing about this can't be done with WB and be objectively better, if not pretty good as a kill-and-clean build.

Like we all know soulbeast is the undisputed best at burst oneshot combo glass builds that basically can do this but safer, but even full Signet D/D thief doesn't reach these numbers anymore or even close to them, and that has even less sustain/exit potential into the mobility/ranged burst fiesta the game is today, considering said build runs zero utilities and no spare initiative for shortbow.  Honestly, if picking between alpha strike builds, I'd play this over pretty much anything else core game in terms of effectiveness.  Basically immune to blind, too.

And I mean if he runs with a thief and pocket heal ele, it's a pretty strong trio since the ele can actually stick to its ally instead of having to navigate a thief resetting out of range.

There are obviously better builds, and better burst builds (ranger, mes, engi, and even necro all have options), but for core game, not much out there competes, and its damage still holds up plenty as demonstrated.

I find that a lot of times im crucial if i join in a fight where a pre-made group playing op absurd builds and focus the squishiest person at the right time to put a lot of pressure on them for the rest to follow up. one down is a lot of times enough to slowly burst down a roaming party ,)