how come function gyro rarely ever actually stomps or rezzes?

Eddie.9143

16 minutes ago, Ainger.3570 said:

this gyro has its own health points, and can easily be destroyed by massive damage or something else

5 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

no wonder it never works in this pvp climate, the damage is f'ing nuts

It's actually slightly worse than that.

When they replaced scrapper elite toolbelt with this thing they also in addition made all gyros instantly explode when hit by cc.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I mean...imagine if they were hard to kill or invuln. It would be virtually guaranteed Rez or stomp (plus a lightning field) on a 25s CD. All of which you get without sacrificing a utility slot or trait. Does that sound even remotely like a good idea?

I mean it is also the elite spec mechanic. Its the photon forge or mech or what have you. And i am all for it being killable. But instant death when hit by the slightest daze is maybe overdoing it.

• Like 1

All I know is that thing crits me for like 5k, and I think it dazes. Could be wrong. I haven’t played scrapper since they changed function gyro from how it was originally. Scrapper as a whole isn’t super popular right now, so I am all for some sensible changes.

The function gyro has an extra effect based on the scrapper tier 1 trait.  It either does super speed, stun, or stability.  It has lightening field, so it will appear to stun it the scrapper does rocket charge leaps in it.

I can normally use the function Gyro to hit for around 3k and change if I have might up.  Never seen 5k

Edited by shion.2084

57 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

The function gyro has an extra effect based on the scrapper tier 1 trait.  It either does super speed, stun, or stability.  It has lightening field, so it will appear to stun it the scrapper does rocket charge leaps in it.

I can normally use the function Gyro to hit for around 3k and change if I have might up.  Never seen 5k

It's a daze for both the function gyro itself and the leap finishers in the combo field, not a stun. Stuns and dazes are 2 different forms of hard CC.

12 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

I checked my combat log yesterday and saw it. Probably a combo of high might and vuln though. Or maybe just a glassier build for the scrapper.

42 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

I checked my combat log yesterday and saw it. Probably a combo of high might and vuln though. Or maybe just a glassier build for the scrapper.

Light armour maybe?  And yes scrappers stack vuln to make up for ther low powered attacks.  Certain builds can do 25 fairly easily