Ya know what I love? Mesmer.

Ovark.2514

6 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Really? So I was imagining the well changes that made 0 sense (as in what they were changed to), the general changes to chrono game wide to ensure it can't do quickness and alacrity at the same time despite it not being meta for anything except maybe zerging in WvW? That it spent years in a state of not being playable in PvP and roaming?
That Virtuoso was released with almost no changes despite MANY mesmer players and non mesmers giving feedback, direct to the devs in some cases, that it was janky and didn't actually work in many cases?

There was a long spell of mesmer receiving almost no changes, like the entire class getting no updates despite not being a meta pick in most content with every other spec getting multiple changes, reworks and fixes. Like I say, either malicious or they just don't have a clue what to do with it. I may update this with links to the patches if I can be bothered.

member when they made mantras kitten turn around? I member.
member when they " reworked " mantrals aka, buffed firebrand, nerfed mesmer? I member.
member when they removed CI from the game? I member.
member when they removed lost time ? I member
member when they made 1 dodge mirage and promised to give it back? I member.
member when dev promised to read through the feedback pdf and didnt? I member.
member mesmer being dog kitten since february? I member wait can I even call it feb patch, its been over a year lol.
member virtuoso f2 missing moving targets? I member.
member dagger skills being all useless? I member
member when AT was an usable? I member.
member when phantasm utilities were usable? I actually dont member, 1s taunt 50s cd lol

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Really? So I was imagining the well changes that made 0 sense (as in what they were changed to), the general changes to chrono game wide to ensure it can't do quickness and alacrity at the same time despite it not being meta for anything except maybe zerging in WvW? That it spent years in a state of not being playable in PvP and roaming?
That Virtuoso was released with almost no changes despite MANY mesmer players and non mesmers giving feedback, direct to the devs in some cases, that it was janky and didn't actually work in many cases?

There was a long spell of mesmer receiving almost no changes, like the entire class getting no updates despite not being a meta pick in most content with every other spec getting multiple changes, reworks and fixes. Like I say, either malicious or they just don't have a clue what to do with it. I may update this with links to the patches if I can be bothered.

Chronomancer is bad one since right from the start the boons it provided meant it was going to be OP. After the nerf and then the reintroduction of those boons on other classes meant Chronomancer was left behind, well until recently. 

Now Chronomancer is an amazing duel investment elite that means one gear set can be used to boon support two ways. 

Virtuoso is just silly now, it now meta for PvE and does have its place as the defacto replacement for Mirage. It has more power damage, more sustain, more survivability. The only thing it lacks is mobility. 

Although its not great in PvP is utterly stomps at PvE. All the crying was pointless much like it was back at launch when people labeled it a selfish elite and wanted it changed. 

Mesmer right now is a one class fits all. Jack of all trades master of none essentially. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

12 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

member when they " reworked " mantrals aka, buffed firebrand, nerfed mesmer? I member.
member mesmer being dog kitten since february? I member wait can I even call it feb patch, its been over a year lol.
member when phantasm utilities were usable? I actually dont member, 1s taunt 50s cd lol

I remember when mimic used to catch skills then fail. It was supposed to give you a copy of the skill to use but it just never really worked.
Remember when there was a glamour trait? Another casualty of Chrono, not that people in the mesmer forum will ever understand how much mesmer has been gutted for that one spec.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Remember that this game is meant to be enjoying by all players and how they nerf or buff Mesmer doesn't really mater outside of the Mesmer forum. 

Most other players looking in still think Mesmer is OP, even in PvE Virtuoso/Mirage still gets lots of complaints for being to easy to play.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2