Ping issue [Merged]

On 2/22/2023 at 8:26 PM, sunrun.4521 said:

it feels pointless contacting support about this because the last time I tried that nothing seemed to happen - they just blame it on your ISP even though it's clearly affecting a large player base in multiple countries and multiple ISPs.

That's what I was told as well. I read on reddit that the reason it even got better for a couple days was because someone at AWS fixed the routing that caused the spikes. For some reason the ping is absolutely unaplaybale again. Back then it would only happen once in a few months but now it's every other week for us SEA/OCE folks. If I'm gonna be honest I don't think there's anything Anet can do on their end either so we are kinda stuck in this situation.

• Like 3

Last 3 days for an hour or more between 10pm and 11pm GMT+2 WvW has been spiking from a fairly stable 180 to 4500-6000.

Exitlag makes no difference, ExpressVPN makes no difference, no VPN makes no difference. A few other players (minority) stating the same in map chat. Simply have to log out and hope for the best because it's unplayable.

Desolation Server

Green Borderland

Cape Town, South Africa to EU data centre.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Khalgir.3862 said:

NA. 

I had never had an issue with ping in GW2 till a few days ago. It just goes from 70 to 200 out of nowhere, especially when I play WvW. It seems that fractals also cause ping spikes.

Out of interest sake, how does 200 feel for you compared to 70? 200 is my average and I've always wanted to ask!

Mine started just a week ago or so. The game is okay during the day but gets extremely laggy at night. Ping shoots up to 500 - 700ms. My stable is at 220 - 230. It only happens with GW2. I'm in Asia, Ph to be exact.

Edited by Kenan.5682

On 2/28/2023 at 10:43 PM, Khalgir.3862 said:

NA. 

I had never had an issue with ping in GW2 till a few days ago. It just goes from 70 to 200 out of nowhere, especially when I play WvW. It seems that fractals also cause ping spikes.

yeah i should mention my issue is in pvp mainly so it seems like its an instanced issue looking at the two of us.

actually scratch that i just witnessed my ping in lions arch stay at 15ping for 10 seconds (thats impossible for my connection i usually float around 55 when everything is working properly) and then it shot straight to 150ping for a few seconds and then quickly went down to 50-60 for a while.

Edited by Shadow Dragon.1469
  • Sad 1

Well, I am from Brazil and I am having the same problem. The issue is with amazonaws. If you use pingplotter and test the ip you're connected you'll see.

And it doesn't matter if its ANET or Amazon problem. I bought the game from Anet and they used amazon server. So they need to contact amazon and ask them to figure out wtf is going on.

Since last patch the game is simply unplayable for me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

same problem here ping is usually 200-250 atm it pings randomly 750 upwards and getting massive stalling spikes making it unplayable until it decides to stop acting up, only started happening alot in the last 24hours internet is fine no outage or issue and videos,games  and other downloads are all normal top speeds, Hope you can fix soon so i can get back to playing Guild Wars 2 \o/ praise the skritt 

Edited by DarkSoul.2348
  • Sad 1

Any updates from ANet on this? I recently came back to the game and have been plagued with this issue. Can't enjoy WvW anymore. GW2 takes up 62 gigs of data on my PC. I'd rather have something else instead if this issue is not going to be resolved.
Just need to hear the word of someone from support whether they are looking into a fix for this since this has been an issue for more than a month now with 0 communication. FeelsBadMan its not letting me play the game.

Playing from India on EU servers.

• Sad 2

I haven't been playing for the first part of the week and I got on today to do a few things. My ping is usually a steady 225. It is so bad for me I am getting timed out of the game this is way beyond accecptible for what is going on if this has been like this the past week I am eternally grateful that I haven't been playing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 7:40 PM, Sibila.5463 said:

I see I'm not the only one having this problem ...
From 6 h ping 500 where normally ping does not exceed 120
Internet speed tracker application shows that I have ping 30 even on foreign servers 1gb internet download and 800mb upload
Only in gw2 there is a problem
I am currently in the Czech Republic

Yes a have same problem from the Czech Republic

Central Europe here (Czech Republic) . I had the same problems all of a sudden about a week ago. Up until then I had been playing fine since the game's release on Steam. During the day everything works fine and in the evening the game is almost unplayable. I try solved it via Ticket with the Anet people and we came to the conclusion that I have lost packets and I should contact my internet provider. So I did and he told me there was no problem with them. Next, I tried turning the game on with the Command line argument -clientport 80 and that seemed to solve the problems. 
However, after 2 days the game is now unplayable again. Has anyone come up with a workable solution or is this really a problem on ANET's side and their support just played me fool for 2 days? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dahakere.4719 said:

Central Europe here (Czech Republic) . I had the same problems all of a sudden about a week ago. Up until then I had been playing fine since the game's release on Steam. During the day everything works fine and in the evening the game is almost unplayable. I try solved it via Ticket with the Anet people and we came to the conclusion that I have lost packets and I should contact my internet provider. So I did and he told me there was no problem with them. Next, I tried turning the game on with the Command line argument -clientport 80 and that seemed to solve the problems. 
However, after 2 days the game is now unplayable again. Has anyone come up with a workable solution or is this really a problem on ANET's side and their support just played me fool for 2 days? 

Yhym I see have the same problem. Im from Poland and have lost packets + unregular map tick rate + ping +300. I contact with my internet provider and he told me its all fine. All this problems starts after last patch... 

• Sad 1

Hello. Im from Czech too, other online games run fine, but gw2. Yesterday i was lucky and was back at ~25ms ping. Today back at 3 - 5 s lag spikes. I tried different ports, checking cables, reinstalled game, updated drivers, completely removed Xbox Gamebar, checked for overheating, running with vsync. Still having unstable connection with server. "pathping" the GW2 -diag came out fine lost 1 in 50 packets with <20ms RTT.  

I try to communicate with tech support all the time and try to give them some kind of polite hint that there is probably a problem with their servers (Amazon I know), because it happens to a lot of people who have nothing to do with each other and only at certain times of the day. So I've already changed DNS, pestered my ISP, changed router settings, ran about 6 different tests with different programs and changed ports. They keep trying to tell me over and over that the problem is on my side, even according to their words that the problem could be that I have Windows 11 and that according to their words is not a supported system. I have tried probably all the solutions I found on the internet at various times from 2015 until today. The only 2 working solutions seem to be these: 

1) Pay for a VPN and play through it. Which can cause an account BAN, as I've read, and still doesn't guarantee to fix the problem. Paying for an external service to play a game I've already put money into seems pretty nuts to me.

2) I found probably the best solution to these problems on Reddit in a 3 month old post. Stop playing this game....

• Confused 2