Ping issue [Merged]

From Asia.

Started having lag spikes on 28/1 Sat, lag spikes to 2k+.

Today 29/1 Sun, still very high pings and having problems loading into maps (stucked at loading screen then lost connection to log-in server).

Pls investigate.

Edited by kenny.7236
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kenny.7236 said:

From Asia.

Started having lag spikes on 28/1 Sat, lag spikes to 2k+.

Today 29/1 Sun, still very high pings and having problems loading into maps (stucked at loading screen then lost connection to log-in server).

Pls investigate.

Same issue here started last night 28 Jan

non stop with this and Tech support always blames my ISP.. if you trace route the ip in game it times out with heavy packet loss ,using exitlag i can can keep a solid ping but the firewall error is constant and my friends list and guilds dont load..

PLZ FIX IT ANET! https://gyazo.com/0884d17bec5754ea3c3d75c2580008achttps://gyazo.com/897301cbdf15083122b1d5d2099e7055https://gyazo.com/1fffd860926adcb5a6680df6fb9fda45

• Sad 1

Also from Asia. There was a similar high ping/frequent disconnect issue last week also starting on Sunday, but it resolved itself somewhere around Wed/Thu. The problem came back again today. It's most likely some issues with AWS, yeah, as certain WvW servers/PvE maps will be fine but others have lag spikes of 1-3k+ as soon as you connect in (if you connect at all.)

The lag at big events is still unbearable. It only started happening in the last week or so.

Is this how it is going to be from now on for the Asia Pacific region? (I am from Australia)

After 10 years of Guild Wars 2 I can no longer play anymore as it is too annoying sadly. I can use vendors and basic inventory stuff or zone to maps etc but any of the big events (eg Tequatl) are terrible with the lag getting worse as the event goes on. I have done Tequatl every day for many years on an organized map.

Before anyone blames my internet connection please keep in mind:

* I have a 100 Megabit connection.

* I also tried it on my 5G modem with a different provider.

* I work in IT and have a high end Cisco based network setup at home and there is no packet loss on my side.

* Many other people in the region have this issue. Some don't even notice it happening until they go to an event.

* Everything else I use the internet for works perfectly.

* Other people mention the PING trace shows high packet loss at AWS which I can confirm.

Please Anet fix it. It is some routing or AWS hosting problem that only happens with GW2 lately.

PS This is a copy of a post I made in the other thread (edited a bit to add more info). I gave up playing GW2 for now. All I do is the daily logon then leave.

• Sad 1

I'm from Tunisia

Today ping went crazy going up and down between 520 and 4k while doing DRM of Gendarran Fields with just me and someone else. Having -mapLoadinfo commandline argument in which i saw SERVER_STATE_WAIT for almost a minute while leaving DRM going to EotN. While i was trying to sell junks and other stuff, got DC into characters selection screen saw Options with a ping of 4k+ so i exit game and relaunched it but login server high ping is still there

The bad lag is back again for me too. I couldn't even log in conventionally (kept on getting the "could not connect to login server" error); I had to try two different VPNs just to log in. The first was still unplayable with an average of 900+k ping, but the second is (barely) manageable with an average of 400-600 ping. Hopefully it gets solved soon though, it's raid reset day. 😞

On 1/29/2023 at 1:26 PM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

The devs likely can't help you with this issue, as they don't run the servers. Its Amazon Web Services (AWS), so the most they can do is communicate with the Amazon engineers on your behalf.

So, let's get them on it. My ping is horrible now. 700-2k ping

• Like 1