Bug in "The End" story journal

Aqua.8379

The LS4 Ep. 6 is bugged in the "The End" story instance. When riding Aurene to fight Kralkatorrik, the special action buttons are not available; equipped weapon skills are still presence. This make the progress stalls at the step "Inform Kralkatorrik of your presence".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Happening to my wife as we speak - Charr scrapper, if it matters. No Aurene, no special skills.

AS I WAS TYPING - she tried changing the story chapter she was in, then back to "The End", and she was able to proceed .  I'll hold off on posting this until she's done...but thank goodness, for the sake of domestic traquility. 😃(Just kidding, love)

10 minutes ago, galen ubal.2807 said:

thank goodness, for the sake of domestic traquility. 😃(Just kidding, love)

😛

After going back to the character selection screen then logging out altogether failed to fix it, going to another story chapter, letting that play out a bit and then going back to The End did fix it.

6 hours ago, rotheche.2964 said:

😛

After going back to the character selection screen then logging out altogether failed to fix it, going to another story chapter, letting that play out a bit and then going back to The End did fix it.

This didn't work for me. I replayed a section of a previous chapter and tried The End again and I have the same problem

24 minutes ago, oldstevo.3286 said:

This didn't work for me. I replayed a section of a previous chapter and tried The End again and I have the same problem

Ok I fixed it. so what I did was 1) Go to path of fire and start any mission. Just hit start this chapter. 2) Wait a few seconds 3) Then go to LW Season 4, and click on "Continue Story". DO NOT go to war eternal and click start this chapter. Just on Living World Season 4 click continue story. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, EviLDeEdZ.6950 said:

Ok I fixed it. so what I did was 1) Go to path of fire and start any mission. Just hit start this chapter. 2) Wait a few seconds 3) Then go to LW Season 4, and click on "Continue Story". DO NOT go to war eternal and click start this chapter. Just on Living World Season 4 click continue story. 

That worked for me!!!

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

My partner and I are also having this problem. I'd say this prevents any new player from getting Skyscale. A quick fix asap would be nice, if not for the players, then simply for all the Skyscale skin sales you guys are missing out on. Needless to say, no amount of restarting or various combinations of story journal clicking is fixing this for us.

• 2 weeks later...

So this may or may not work for y'all, BUT my partner found an applicable fix in a solo instance (we haven't tried it together again yet) that if you hold space to glide, it will actually load you onto the dragon like it's supposed to instead of having you fall all the way down to the bottom.

If your bug is a freefall upon entering, this should circumvent that. I can only assume that there's a trigger to load your character onto aurene, but it seems that if you load in before the trigger does, you just fall below it. I really hope they get on this because this sounds like something that would affect anyone with spotty internet, which is a real shame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi I am having this problem too - exactly as you all decribe, and cannot progress. Very frustrating as I have been enjoying the game so much so far.; Aurene just does not appear and it's like I'm flying next to Kralk with no ability to hit him in the eye as Aurene (and her abilities) are just not there. I'll try the fix you suggested. Do you need to complete this for Skyscale?

I have tried all the fixes everypne suggested and I still get this 

On 2/24/2023 at 6:59 AM, Wandering Poet.1872 said:

Literally nothing works, cannot make any progress towards my skyscale. I'm stuck endlessly flying through the mist, no mount in sight just my character flying next to a dragon, with my original move set. I cannot access any or aurenes moves or abilities. Just stuck with "inform kralktorrij of your presence 

49 minutes ago, KityaSol.1205 said:

On 2/24/2023 at 8:17 PM, Fan Didly Tastic.7169 said:

So this may or may not work for y'all, BUT my partner found an applicable fix in a solo instance (we haven't tried it together again yet) that if you hold space to glide, it will actually load you onto the dragon like it's supposed to instead of having you fall all the way down to the bottom.

If your bug is a freefall upon entering, this should circumvent that. I can only assume that there's a trigger to load your character onto aurene, but it seems that if you load in before the trigger does, you just fall below it. I really hope they get on this because this sounds like something that would affect anyone with spotty internet, which is a real shame.

So I failed the Achievement and it bugged again, this gliding saved me. So yeah it's some issue with loading improperly.

On 2/7/2023 at 8:08 PM, EviLDeEdZ.6950 said:

Thanks! this one worked for me.