Bladesworn stacking is a problem? Well, nerf core of course!

DanAlcedo.3281

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What they don't realize is that the stacking will still happen.

I was sooooo looking for a reason to come back to the game. And all that happend was my all my builds got nerfed. Some even were even barely unplayable before but now....

Im sad and mad. 🥺

• Sad 1

I am sure if it is a normal AA chain damage they will fix it and bring down to rifle levels

I would like to don't understand why they make jokes about longbow being a melee weapon, don't even mention it in this preview, and give ranged attacks to bladesworm (hoping it is good, so we actually have some fun with ranged)

• Sad 1

They didn't nerf bladesworn because it wasn't the actual problem.

With it's base duration, martial cadence allowed for permanent quickness uptime of the entire subsquad by stacking it 4 times with literally no other investment needed. You didn't need to dedicate any utility skills, no need for boon duration on your gear, nothing. Just this one single trait used by 4 people in the subsquad.

Bladesworn was stacked because it was achieving the highest dps alongside it. But if berserker would deal more damage, then people would start stacking berserkers instead of bladesworn, for the very same reason. They just want to get the highest dps possible while maintaining perma quickness with very little investment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You already know how this dance goes by now, certain classes in GW2 does well after a buffs, the smallest and loudest section of the playerbase screech because they get outperformed by said class, class gets nerfed, smallest loudest section of the playbase screech more because it needs to be nerfed into the dirt, you get Warrior in last place along with ele, then those people complain that there is only 3 viable specs in the whole game after they are done.

Sure martial cadence is only a small nerf in the long run and they changed gunsaber to do ranged damage, but why add it? it still doesn't compete with axe/pistol, unless they plan to nerf that one into the ground

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They didn't nerf bladesworn because it wasn't the actual problem.

With it's base duration, martial cadence allowed for permanent quickness uptime of the entire subsquad by stacking it 4 times with literally no other investment needed. You didn't need to dedicate any utility skills, no need for boon duration on your gear, nothing. Just this one single trait used by 4 people in the subsquad.

Bladesworn was stacked because it was achieving the highest dps alongside it. But if berserker would deal more damage, then people would start stacking berserkers instead of bladesworn, for the very same reason. They just want to get the highest dps possible while maintaining perma quickness with very little investment.

Well. Truth is that i simply wanted a reason to play Gw2 again.

The Post Anet made is 5080 words. Of these words only 11 Words effect my Game Experience. And it makes it worse.

Its just dissapointing and heartbreaking that, when i log in on patch day, all i will see that my builds need to  change(made worse)  to compensate or for some of them, i dont even think its worth playing anymore.

Im just sad.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 now im interested to see your build mate. Would you mind to link it? xd

Ok. Here is a list.

My Standart Build in run most of the time: Axe/Axe

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKABcelnlJw6YcMKGJO+SdLLA-zxQYh4weH60p0iIoWJaFKqWGCW9gEG/z0jgKA-e

Basically the same Build. But Greatsword Variant.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAElnlJw6YfMKWJO2SdLbA-zxQYho+zeHUyp0iIoWJaFKqWGCW9gEG/z0jgKA-e

Rifle/Longbow Variant. If you want to play ranged for fun.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAQNlJw6YcMKWJO+SdraA-zxQYho6zeHUyZUrUtCVlVPIhx/M9IoC-e

Hammer Varient.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAIlnlJw6YcMKWJe+TdLbA-zxQYho+bfHExhEhEoWhaFqKreQEjf3PJhAZ6RQFA-e

A little meme Core Condi Build. Note: Wounding Precision is bugged in the Build Calc. This build has exactly 50% Burn Duration before the rune.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAMlnlJw6YcMKWJWKTdraA-zRJYmRNfp0SIUbEURB0RCYzBRESAjYPc/cmeEUB-e

Other then that.

I also have a Solo/Story Build with Spellbreaker and Normal Condi Berserker.

If i need inscrease selfsustain in a group setting. I just swap Martial Candance to Phalanx Strenght on the Greatsword variant.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

1 hour ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Bit out of loop here  - what's the whole deal with bladesworn stacking? There are plenty of professions that can provide group quickness 100% uptime solo, so why is stacking bladesworns a thing?

They used 4 BSW per subgroup to get 12s of quickness from the trait while still doing top DPS. This was done by a small subset of the game community, and flies in the face of their prior stated design ethos of not balancing based on the actions of what a small percentage of the community does.