This week brought me back...

Johje Holan.4607

5 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Seriously, I think not. Or at least I think that if the player is randomly assigned in a server to participate in a 6-month seasonal competition/tournament, it's not really a problem. You have to consider that it is with its guild or with its alliance. You have to consider that it still has even monthly reconnections so every month its seasonal server keeps changing the server matched to itself, so that you play every month with different people. 

And finally, if you have been unlucky and you have been assigned to a server that for any reason loses its games usually, you will still find a way to have fun in WVW, because you have the knowledge that in 6 months we will redo all the servers from scratch.

Seventh commandment: adapt.

That all sounds great and nice and all, but that's just refusing to accept reality. A player who is unhappy on his world and has no ability to change something about this and is faced with a prolonged time-frame with this situation has a high probability of leaving the mode and not returning. Even 8 weeks would be a stretch here, after 6 months rest assured that player has likely left the game all together.

Anyway, I am not here to discuss personal opinions. I have given you reasons why your idea combines deficits of either approach. You can accept those or provide proper ideas or arguments why those reasons might not apply or better yet, how the issues arisen could be remedied.

Players will adapt or unhappy players will suddenly find happiness elsewhere are no proper arguments to contest structural design issues.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

That all sounds great and nice and all, but that's just refusing to accept reality. A player who is unhappy on his world and has no ability to change something about this and is faced with a prolonged time-frame with this situation has a high probability of leaving the mode and not returning. Even 8 weeks would be a stretch here, after 6 months rest assured that player has likely left the game all together.

Anyway, I am not here to discuss personal opinions. I have given you reasons why your idea combines deficits of either approach. You can accept those or provide proper ideas or arguments why those reasons might not apply or better yet, how the issues arisen could be remedied.

Players will adapt or unhappy players will suddenly find happiness elsewhere are no proper arguments to contest structural design issues.

Meanwhile, I sincerely thank you so much for having reasoned with me on so many topics and possibilities of our WWW, putting on the table many good considerations and / or any problems that my hypothesis could bring. Maybe we gave Anet something good to think about.

Peace and love brother, always and wherever you live.✌️

11 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Meanwhile, I sincerely thank you so much for having reasoned with me on so many topics and possibilities of our WWW, putting on the table many good considerations and / or any problems that my hypothesis could bring. Maybe we gave Anet something good to think about.

Peace and love brother, always and wherever you live.✌️

You too. I was personally juggling the idea of having "open/free servers/guilds/alliances" (what ever you want to call it) for players to join if they are unable or unwilling to join a WvW guild/alliance.

Eve Online does something similar with their corporation system (basically their guilds). New players are in starter NPC corporations until they join a player made corp. Veteran players are placed back into that corp when transitioning from one player corp to another (after leaving the first corp).

As long as those NPC guilds are limited in the same way as player guilds/alliances, there would be no issues in distributing those players (even if all those singular players are now a bigger block, I do think the system should still have enough players to work with). Basically what is lost is any and all singular control over the members in the NPC guild. It would also make transition for some players into joining a WvW guild a bit easier.

The main downsides here would be:

1. it would either have to take up a guild slot

2. or there would have to be a separate "guild" slot just for WvW guilds (which some players have been asking for anyway).

3. an entire interface would have to be made just for joining this NPC guild, given there is no one to invite a player into it

All manageable but not sure the developers want to deal with such a headache.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

21 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Its possible that transfers would still be there but yeah the issue is the time period we are talking about. Weekly matchups and 2 month shuffles, it is timed intervals that "reset" the game. Take a breath, start fresh

hi dawdler,

I think the same way, as I said before. In fact, my suggestion still maintains these fundamental times. Weekly match still as before. Reconnecting the server matched to your seasonal server we still keep it as before, every 2 months or if we want every 1 month. These fundamental times do not change. Only you will stay with all your guild and alliance friends on the same random server (which will then become your season server) giving you the opportunity to participate to the seasonal competition. Once the season / ranking is over, the automatic system reshuffles all the servers and so on.

Anet rightly cares about solving the problem of balance, redistribution of players, ensuring the same opportunities / content for all its players. We have been asking for this for so long that we all agree that this is essential. My suggestion worries about another thing, I'm just inventing a way to stimulate the player, to involve him to participate in this mode with a medium-term perspective that is renewed automatically every time the season ends and starts again. I also indicated a ''special'' prize to be understood and defined, always to stimulate the player, let's give him something new, new goals, with a medium-term cadence to make them ''special''.

On 2/6/2023 at 8:09 AM, Alsandar.7420 said:

I used to be like the OP. All about server pride. But Alliances will end Mag. And that’s the only goal now. 

Holy kitten! If alliances goes live we will have several mini mags on every team in every tier in every time zone! 🤪

4 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

Holy kitten! If alliances goes live we will have several mini mags on every team in every tier in every time zone! 🤪

You don't really understand what Mag represents. It is any server that has overstacked and bandwagoned themselves to massive numbers making the game mode unplayable against them. It is numbers not skill. Spread the numbers out and fights and gameplay are enjoyable for all sides. 

4 hours ago, Evenge.4067 said:

You don't really understand what Mag represents. It is any server that has overstacked and bandwagoned themselves to massive numbers making the game mode unplayable against them. It is numbers not skill. Spread the numbers out and fights and gameplay are enjoyable for all sides. 

Added benefit is that those of us not in NA can finally stop seeing "kitten about Mag" posts across the entire spectrum of social media.

• Like 1