The new engineer meta build after patch

Kstyle.5829

Explosives 3-3-3

Tools 2-1-1

Scrapper 1-3-2

Zerker amulet chronomancer rune

That's right you don't take rapid regen.  ANET devs have obviously never played scrapper before and are really trash at PVP in general.  There is literally no reason to play a bunker in a meta where every class can oneshot a bunker in half a second.   Every single player in high rating undrestands this.   You get oneshot if you're a bunker or glass cannon build, so you may as well just have one shot power yourself.  Once you get above gold 2 its just all glass cannon power duos in discord together saying  "SWAP TO THE ENGI 3 2 1 BOOM" instant death.  You just got hit by a guard + holosmtih at the same time for 47 thousand damage in 0.12 seconds.  

Maybe ANET should just hire one of the top 10 players to make changes to PVP before this game dies completely.   The meta is just soooo boring when you don't see any bunker or condi or supports.  It's just untamed catalyst willbender spellbreaker game after game after game.  The hilarious thing is that physical tank bunkers are THE COUNTER to power builds.  So you should see them everywhere. But the game is so atrociously balanced that not even a bunker stacking toughness can survive power builds.  This game really has gone to the PVE kitten lords

Edited by Kstyle.5829
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I remember when people were complaining that the game was nothing but bunkers, supports, and duelists and that people needed to die faster for the game to be fun.

so what. People complain about nearly everything.  but having a game with all the varying class types is objectively better than a game with ONLY glass power builds.  The only time you'll see a class that's condi is a one that also has oneshot burst like burn guardian.  Builds centered around killing someone before a human can possibly react is just boring.   

Edited by Kstyle.5829

I dont play PvP so I dont feel concerned by that. 

But even in WvW rapid regen is trash if you are not a healer. As for PvE, it's a very minor buff to heal Scrapper. I dont know what Anet is expecting. Its original iteration was correct but then they replace it with the old trait that too bad to be fair. And now they are re introducing the skill they previously removed but in a scuffed version. 

Also I wont even mention the big nerf Scrapper received on its superspeed making the skill straight up garbage

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I dont play PvP so I dont feel concerned by that. 

But even in WvW rapid regen is trash if you are not a healer. As for PvE, it's a very minor buff to heal Scrapper. I dont know what Anet is expecting. Its original iteration was correct but then they replace it with the old trait that too bad to be fair. And now they are re introducing the skill they previously removed but in a scuffed version. 

Also I wont even mention the big nerf Scrapper received on its superspeed making the skill straight up garbage

Wait what? Another scrapper nerf? I just came back to the game after not playing for years and have been having the most fun ever playing Scrapper. Where can I find the patch notes?

7 minutes ago, Sean.6297 said:

Wait what? Another scrapper nerf? I just came back to the game after not playing for years and have been having the most fun ever playing Scrapper. Where can I find the patch notes?

Scrapper is in a pretty hood place relative to where it’s been for fun pvp play if you do that game mode.  There’s a pretty simple 4 gyro build that isn’t hard to learn .  Because of the lack of complexity to get good gold 2 tier results we’re seeing a lot more of them.  

ironically it sort of achieves what they were looking to do with mechanist but with more brains and timing and interaction 

25 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

If you're on NA you should find and watch ALIEN and ET for tips on how to play scrapper. Those two one of like the only 5 players I've seen that know how to play scrapper. The rest don't know what they're doing.

We play together to meta… I’m ash.

Alien has a very specific build that is harder and uses toolkit.

48 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

We play together to meta… I’m ash.

Alien has a very specific build that is harder and uses toolkit.

True, but its a case of skill being rewarded. Its like thief. Thief is ridiculously powerful but only a few can realize that power and the rest can't even fathom it unless they binge watch Twitch thief players.

5 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Anyone tried running alchemy 3-3-1 with the new scrapper regen trait and dolyak?  Wonder how much regen you get…. Not that it matters when people are hitting for 3-6k with a shot I suppose

I was running tools 2-1-1 alchemy 1-1-3  with dolyek and rapid regen.  Also tried with inventions 3-2-2.  Still literally get one shotted by some power DPS classes 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean.6297 said:

This patch didnt nerf Scrapper, it received some buff.

The nerf I am mentioning happened a while ago but it directly impact the effect of rapid regeneration. The healing you get is insignificant under swiftness. And even under superspeed you barely get any healing. To even consider running this skill you would need to find a way to maximise your superspeed uptime but Anet drastically nerf superspeed on Scrapper indirectly making this trait not worth taking over the 2 other remaining trait.