Google searches leading to official forums all give me "page not found"

Trae.2384

Google has a little downward arrow next to the link, when you click that you can view that link in cache. That way you can still read the threads on the old forums, might not work forever though.I know there's one or more projects that tried to or did archive the old forums, you can look for those.

I'm going back through some HoT content that I haven't played since it first came out (and I've since taken a break from GW2, returned with PoF). Since I'm in 'older' content, I just wanted to say how sad I am that the GW2 folks decided to completely obliterate all of that excellent player help and history that existed with the old forums. I'm fine with the new forums but geez, there were a few years of game before this new forum. RIP early GW2 pioneer experiences and tutelage; may the gods bless the archivist.

• 3 weeks later...

@Zhaeli.5416 said:I'm going back through some HoT content that I haven't played since it first came out (and I've since taken a break from GW2, returned with PoF). Since I'm in 'older' content, I just wanted to say how sad I am that the GW2 folks decided to completely obliterate all of that excellent player help and history that existed with the old forums. I'm fine with the new forums but geez, there were a few years of game before this new forum. RIP early GW2 pioneer experiences and tutelage; may the gods bless the archivist.

I totally agree, its been a huge bummer for me too. The cached option is helpful but many times the first post leads to another I cant reach or some link I cant use. It hasnt been completely fluent for me. Reddit and youtube have really taken the place of the gw2 forums which seems so silly considering how much valuable info was there. I cant imagine every forum that updates completely loses all their previous info, how can the not just upgrade, very weird.

@"Trae.2384" said:Is there a way to find the old content im guessing will eventually somehow make it here to the new forums. I used google searches to forum posts several times a day and every time I look something up I get https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Bifrost-III-is-THE-WORST-COLLECTION

There should have been an addendum to the present program to preserve all of the last FIVE years of postings.

This is a management issue - a serious one, that show a lack of care for the community and the necessity of a 'historical view'.

@atheria.2837 said:

@"Trae.2384" said:Is there a way to find the old content im guessing will eventually somehow make it here to the new forums. I used google searches to forum posts several times a day and every time I look something up I get

There should have been an addendum to the present program to preserve all of the last FIVE years of postings.

This is a management issue - a serious one, that show a lack of care for the community and the necessity of a 'historical view'.

Perhaps, you missed all the many Dev posts on the issue. Or the link for the archived Official Forum.

@Trae.2384 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You can use the archived (old) GW2 official forums. It even has a search option.
(Google even brings it up when you search for "archive gw2".)

Ok so say I want to search for something im stuck on in twilight collection, Id google "twilight collection archive"?

Yeah see this is where im stuck because that didnt work for me. So say I google search and it leads to a perfect response im looking for but when clicked it gives the error, how do I convert that search result into a link to the archive, not the cache though?

@"Trae.2384" said:Yeah see this is where im stuck because that didnt work for me. So say I google search and it leads to a perfect response im looking for but when clicked it gives the error, how do I convert that search result into a link to the archive, not the cache though?

One of the results for example redirects to:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Twilight-Vol1-Legendary-Collection/page/2

Simply replace en-forum.guildwars2.com with forum-en.gw2archive.eu:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Twilight-Vol1-Legendary-Collection/page/2

If you want to search gw2archive.eu, use the search on their site. Google doesn't have them fully indexed, so the results are limited.

@Trae.2384 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You can use the archived (old) GW2 official forums. It even has a search option.

Ok so say I want to search for something im stuck on in twilight collection, Id google "twilight collection archive"?

You go to the site (even Google finds the site for you), and then search for 'Twilight Collection' there, on-site.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can use the archived (old) GW2 official forums. It even has a search option.

You go to the site (even Google finds the site for you), and then search for 'Twilight Collection' there, on-site.

Good luck.The below link is an example of where i get stuck. It brings me to the original forum which is the "not found" page. If I replace the "
" part with "
" it brings me to the archive home page. If I search "Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless" on archive home page search box it finds nothing. So im in a situation where I have a link to information I need, that exists, but I cant find it even with these jerry rig link changing fixes an so on. How would you go about finding the post in the link here?

• 3 weeks later...

@"Linken.6345" said:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/bltc/Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic-Useless

There u go

EditWent to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/ then went into bltc tab.And used the search function on that page for Copper-Fed-Salvage-OFound the right thread on third page of that search result.

Oh i see, I never even thought to click on the greyed out items, very cool ty.

Archived