Missing Items in the Black Lion Statuette Store

The recent Black Lion Statuette store rework promised to offer all previous Black Lion chest exclusives to be purchasable, but there are clearly a few items unavailable (griffon hatchling backpack + glider combo being one example). This feels like a very strange oversight as the missing items have nothing in common other than them being previous Black Lion chest exclusives. I feel like ANet literally might have just forgotten to include some stuff. Didn't know what else to do other than post here; maybe I'll be provided some info that could explain this or get enough replies from people who also think that every Black Lion chest exclusive should be included in this rework so that ANet might notice.

I just want my backpack y'all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Oh, true; I didn't even think about town outfits or other items of the like. They really should clarify if some things will continue to rotate in and out of the Black Lion Statuette store, because the way they very vaguely phrased it implies that the interface will stay as is (meaning there's no way to obtain some previously available items which is super weird!).

Side note, I looked up Black Lion exclusives just to double check which ones are missing from the reworked store and it's literally just the griffon hatchling backpack + glider combo. Why? I'm legit about to make a missing person poster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the relatively quick acknowledgement and reply! I suspected that it might just be a matter of accidentally skipping over this one specific item and that's okay: things like this happen sometimes. Glad that it's being brought back! 🙂

Just out of curiosity: will some items previously only available in the Black Lion Statuette store (like the aforementioned town clothing outfits) be added back eventually in like their own tab or something, or will those be obtainable by some other means in the future?

• Like 3

Just throwing player instruments in here too. Though they still rotate in the gem shop they were sometimes available for 30 statuettes. For players with a surplus of statuettes that was a nice way to get them. I'm also unsure how gathering tools will be handled. There's a small selection now, will others rotate in and out or is the recent selection permanent?

Edited by oliverstoned.2695
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

Thanks for reporting this to us. As we explained in the blog post, we wanted to include all the old items. But it's a lot, and we missed this one in the process. We plan to bring it back in two weeks!

EDIT: note that this change to the Black Lion Statuette Vendor is permanent!

Totally prefer this change to the vendor. Was expecting the town clothes to return in the vendor or perhaps in a more accessible way.

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

Thanks for reporting this to us. As we explained in the blog post, we wanted to include all the old items. But it's a lot, and we missed this one in the process. We plan to bring it back in two weeks!

May I just get clarification on this? So the change to the Statuette Vendor is permanent (it will always have everything on offer like it does now) - then the 'Limited Time Opportunity' that the mail (we plentifully received) mentions is just the per-week turn in of materials for statuettes? (just wondering cause I thought the 'limited time' opportunity meant the whole thing with the statuettes, so also that the vendor was expanded)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:39 PM, Chyro.1462 said:

May I just get clarification on this? So the change to the Statuette Vendor is permanent (it will always have everything on offer like it does now) - then the 'Limited Time Opportunity' that the mail (we plentifully received) mentions is just the per-week turn in of materials for statuettes? (just wondering cause I thought the 'limited time' opportunity meant the whole thing with the statuettes, so also that the vendor was expanded)

Yes, only the Black Lion weekly missions are limited. The statuette change is permanent and unrelated to the mail.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I dont see why the weekly missions are limited. I dont think it would hurt anyone if they were permanent (still one time deal) for players that missed it and for future players. In the end they are a material sink and would do better if they were available for everyone. 

Also thank you to remove some of the FOMO from the game. This is always good.

• Like 6

On 3/2/2023 at 11:38 PM, SpookyDookie.6205 said:

Quick note: I was not entirely correct. Someone just let me know that the Fortunate Blossom Fishing Rod is apparently another Black Lion Chest exclusive that's missing from the reworked Black Lion Statuette store. Please add this one in as well!

Any update on this? I was really hoping to get the fishing rod this week but it looks like it and some others are still missing from the vendor.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 1:12 AM, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

What about this? Any information (when)?

There are missing items that also was the only way to get them. Like the town clothes outfits. Still not quite there with this feature update.

Edited by Arzikin.1076