Everything that is wrong with WvW in 2023

Riba.3271

19 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

You're changing the topic of discussion. I've been talking about WvW and competitiveness.

Your idea of making an extra "metric" was from one of your threads, and then you tried to bring it into this one.

(edited away comments that was unimportant to this topic, and posted them in your coefficient thread instead)

Sorry bro you're right, I confused the topics of the post.🙃

On 11/3/2023 at 7:09 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

If a player has a favorite commander they would look to join that Comm's guild.

I have a commander whom I prefer to join when he sets up a squad, but I've no interest in his guild. They have rules and schedules, bleh.

I'm pleased with the server's community guild. No rules but the common behaviour ones.

I like my wvw casual.

Edited by Lucy.3728

5 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I have a commander whom I prefer to join when he sets up a squad, but I've no interest in his guild. They have rules and schedules, bleh.

I'm pleased with the server's community guild. No rules but the common behaviour ones.

I like my wvw casual.

I would call you pub style like myself. I like my server and they are also familiar to me after many years. But WR will be using us for mortar in the bricks of the wall. Without Alliances players will need to either form bigger groups as in guilds or create/join in on community guilds like some servers were trying during the betas. I didn't try that since I was trying to see how scattered people might be, which from the testing was quite scattered. Along the way since they had stated there would be multiple tests for Alliances figured there would be more testing for the linking later. Would have to leave it to one of the server communities to reply how the tests worked for them. I know that was where some of the short notice posts came from as players mentioned needing time to get everyone in the right guild where as people testing the bits they were running the tests for asked what do you mean you are just in your guild like normal.

To be fair to the other side of the conversation there are multiple ways to use casual. I think there are multiple layers to that. Casual to one might be getting on to run with a group they see day and day out, a favorite comm, a group they see doing things, other guilds or even just other roamers. Another side of the coin could be people that don't even recognize names or guilds on their server and they are just looking for other gamers. Both are casual in their playstyles per say. One group is going to fine with the WR, the other is going to be that mortar in a wall.