Firebrand Viable in PvP? When?

Levikilla.3076

Animations on hammer are laughable. Every skill is 3 seconds before I strike? What?  Really?

Precasting Mantras in PVP = "wait! Hold up! Everyone STOP... The firebrand has to unzip his... mantra............................................Ok. We good!"

Really Anet? What a dumb idea. I thought the new guy was a pvper? Nobody just waits for your animations.

Edited by Kal Edosh.1327
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 9:31 PM, JPUlisses.8756 said:

We already have too many firebrand playing the game kthxbye

Actually there are just the right amount of firebrands playing the game. We need more other classes playing the game. Maybe if Anet knew how to market them? Or market the game in general?

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm...  I've playing Carrion Firebrand in this ranked  2 v 2 season and was able to reach gold I and a 19/11 w/l ratio which is better than I expected for the arguably worst PvP spec.. The main problem is the sustain over time (all heals fall in the range bwrtween terrible and bad), but in terms of damage (specially burst) and tools to deal vs different foes it can wok ok...  for a brief time. Can output very solid cc and huge amounts of AoE damage in a short period, but after that your skill bar remains depleted and your mobility and re-sustain is very limited. 

Despite the subpar performance I think that I'll keep playing it due I enjoy the gameplay.

• 2 weeks later...