Guardian Hammer

DarkSoul.2348

I like the upgrade to the Hammer, I wondered today if Skill 3 into skill 2 teleport could be nicer? Allowing us immobilize the target at range then teleport into them with the Mighty Blow. Personally just feel more situations i would use that combo, I tend to save banish for CC and rarely find situations i need to knockback a target and then teleport to them. anyone else agree? 

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2023 at 5:12 PM, DarkSoul.2348 said:

I like the upgrade to the Hammer, I wondered today if Skill 3 into skill 2 teleport could be nicer? Allowing us immobilize the target at range then teleport into them with the Mighty Blow. Personally just feel more situations i would use that combo, I tend to save banish for CC and rarely find situations i need to knockback a target and then teleport to them. anyone else agree? 

This is exactly what I have been advocating over and over again!

We need better intra-set skill synergy for our weapons, particularly the long obsolete Hammer for Guardian.

Depends the gamemode, in pve it doesnt matter that much the teleport will happen after you banish but it doesnt do anything other than the utility so youd get the most out of it in competitive.

For me what hammer needs is alot more dmg and shorter animations/aftercasts.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 11:49 AM, zealex.9410 said:

Depends the gamemode, in pve it doesnt matter that much the teleport will happen after you banish but it doesnt do anything other than the utility so youd get the most out of it in competitive.

For me what hammer needs is alot more dmg and shorter animations/aftercasts.

That's what made (eons ago) hammer meta to begin with. Glacial Heart trait used to give it an additional 1.2k aoe spike damage. People stopped using hammer (competitively) once they removed the damage from that trait.

The port on banish would make more sense if banish became the active port skill instead of waiting for hammer#2 to be off cooldown. I want to banish a person, then instantly port to another target freely.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:52 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

That's what made (eons ago) hammer meta to begin with. Glacial Heart trait used to give it an additional 1.2k aoe spike damage. People stopped using hammer (competitively) once they removed the damage from that trait.

The port on banish would make more sense if banish became the active port skill instead of waiting for hammer#2 to be off cooldown. I want to banish a person, then instantly port to another target freely.

I rarely use the Banish > Glacial Blow interaction. I use hammer on DH and have taken to laying traps > pull > Glacial Blow > Banish > (weapons swap) True Shot. It’s a very strong burst and pretty easy to execute (when pull doesn’t bug-out; which is a big disclaimer, mind you). I guess the idea is JI into Banish followed by Mighty Blow?