Improving Fishing

@xlion.3065 ... A lot of great ideas; I would be in favor of most of them.

At this point, any adaptation of a tackle box would be an improvement, and the visual display as to what's currently equipped would be fantastic as well... Nothing like fish for 20 minutes before realizing that your bait/hole/time of day isn't aligned for what you're chasing... 

11 hours ago, xlion.3065 said:

Permanently bake the +50 Fishing Power from "Guide on Fishing" into the "Spiritwood Fishing Pole", i. e. make it +75 instead of +25 Fishing Power or at least make the buff  last 1 day instead of 1 hour when owning  that rod.

I'm at the point where I don't always even bother with spending the time to get the Guide... While I get that technically it's an improvement, the +50 hasn't substantially impacted my numbers one way or the other, and so beyond the faith of it having an impact, I'm not convinced that the difference is worth the few minutes it takes to get it, for the hour that it lasts... So improving the buff by tying into something else like the ascended rod would be great.

Make more rare fish actually be harder to catch (have a more erratic movement pattern).

Logically, I get where you're going... I guess the offset rationale is that by increasing fishing power, you get more rare fish and they're all easier to catch...  While I think your suggestion is valid, the problem I see as the mechanics are constructed now, is that you would have a visual indication that you had a better fish on your line... and therefore you could simply stop fishing after having seen whether you had something better on your line, and try again... this process doesn't cost you bait or a lure, so essentially you would then be able to get only the better fish... (I guess some would say, "what's the problem?", lol)

Clarify (dev post) in which way and how much Fishing Power actually increases the chance to catch more rare fish, e. g. how much more Legendary Fish would I catch with 99 stacks of Fishing Party as opposed to having 0 stacks but enough Fishing Power through Food, Bait and Lure to be able to fish comfortably (green).

Yes, a key on how all the loot tables within GW2 work would be fantastic, but... I think you're more likely to catch the Kraken while fishing, then have the Devs provide any clarification of this nature... 🙂 

Here's hoping that Anet hasn't completely abandoned this activity, and that we'll get some improvements beyond gem-store skins!