Resilient Roll bugged?

Ya Ya Yeah.7381

So, I get 4 secs of it after roll, in open world but only 3 in wvw. 

According to GW2 wiki Resilient Roll - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) in PVE/WVW have the same application, so why the difference of durations?

I have made sure that everything is the same, build, concentration % food, I can't seem to reach 4 secs of resil in WvW.

Anyone know why?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Are you sure the wiki is up-to-date? The text of the trait is consistent with the duration in see in pve vs. in wvw.

The wiki has the PvE and WvW durations the same (3s), but in game the PvE duration is 3s and the WvW duration is 2s. Wiki's last revision on the page was on Oct. 10th and only added a fact on it modifying dodge with the Oct 6th revision adding in the new trait from the Oct. 4th balance patch. Could be a bug, or a stealth nerf to bring the WvW duration in line with the PvP duration (a pox upon the balance team if that is the case).

• Thanks 1

Asking for clarity from anet is already absurd, I already mentioned it or it was translated horribly wrong, Resilient Roll has always lasted 2s in WvW and PvP, it is the wiki that shows an erroneous value, instead of paying attention to the wiki you could take a better look at the numbers of the game itself, the only wiki that shows the correct duration is the one in Français at the moment.

No Lan, it's not a conspiracy to nerf the warrior, although anet has been known to make unmentioned changes.

Edited by Shinja.3451
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Shinja.3451 said:

Asking for clarity from anet is already absurd, I already mentioned it or it was translated horribly wrong, Resilient Roll has always lasted 2s in mvm and pvp, it is the wiki that shows an erroneous value, instead of paying attention to the wiki you could take a better look at the numbers of the game itself, the only wiki that shows the correct duration is the one in Français at the moment.

The wiki is pretty accurate and surprisingly up-to-date. I really wouldn't dismiss it like this. Often enough it also explains where tooltips in the game are wrong.

On this occasion its probably outdated. And yes, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a change that wasn't listed in patch notes (maybe the wvw duration was unintentionally long).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

The wiki is pretty accurate and surprisingly up-to-date. I really wouldn't dismiss it like this. Often enough it also explains where tooltips in the game are wrong.

On this occasion its probably outdated. And yes, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a change that wasn't listed in patch notes (maybe the wvw duration was unintentionally long).

This. The wiki is usually pretty accurate. If the duration was found to be 3s in WvW after the trait was introduced, and I do remember seeing it as such in AB back in October, then it is either a bug, or an unlisted nerf. Both possibilities are likely as both have happened in the past.

• Like 1

It would not be the first time that the wiki erroneously joins things between game modes and gives wrong information, luckily you have the wiki in another language "Roulade résistante - Guild Wars 2 Wiki Français (GW2W.FR)".
On the other hand, I never saw in WvW that it had a base duration of 3 seconds, only 2 seconds and I played quite frequently, so if I can tell you that it has always had a base duration of 2 seconds in WvW, now that anet makes unknown changes and that the wiki sometimes doesn't log them either is true.

Yes, many of us want anet to clarify some things, like why it balances the game so badly, giving preference to some professions and builds...

Edited by Shinja.3451
MvM no se traduce a WcW
  • Haha 1