How do I do guild missions puzzles with only me?

I'm in a much larger guild, but also have a personal guild I am slowly leveling.

I would be leveling it faster if I could do the puzzle guild missions. The problem is, I'm not getting credit. I have been starting the puzzle mission, so I am repping my guild, entering the puzzle with larger guild, then doing the puzzle. It succeeds but my guild gets no rewards.

What step(s) am I missing, or is the wiki outdated when it comes to being able to get credit for the little guild? I'm actively contributing so it's not that.

The instructions from the wiki are under "Individual Missions" on this page https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_mission

The method you are describing works with Guild Races, as mentioned in the notes on the wiki.  I do not see anything in the notes on Puzzles.  This does not mean that I did not miss it, but is it possible you are confusing the two types of missions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

If you're launching your puzzle mission, then entering another guild's puzzle instance and it succeeds, pretty sure you should be getting credit for your personal guild you launched the mission for while representing it. I don't know what you've missed, but you probably missed something.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Puzzle is rather easy. Here is how it works:

1.) You enter the Guild Puzzle with another guild and run through the whole thing.
2.) Upon entering the final section, usually after the last puzzle, you get a promt on your screen to "Accept credit" or something similar.
3.) Accept and walk back into the previous room.
4.) Open your guild-panel, switch representation to your own guild.
5.) Activate the guild-puzzle.
6.) Head towards the final section of the area again. You get the prompt again.
7.) Accept.
This can be repeated with as many guilds as you want.

Where does the prompt trigger:
- Proxemics Lab = upon entering the cheese room
- Langmar Estate = after walking through the broken gate after the ram-puzzle. Iirc you have to walk a little further uphill.
- Angvar's Trove = upon entering the ice-crystal room

-
The exact same mechanic also works for the Obsidian Sanctum WvW mission. Just without the screen-prompt. The progression/completion triggers around the last area with the spike-traps when you reach the area with the Aetherblades. Not at the final chest. This can also be repeated with as many guilds as necessary.
-
For the races, if you are after the guild-favor only, it is even more simple. All you have to do is finishing the guild-race one whole lap. Once that is done and the progression has crossed 15/15, head to the end of the race. Switch to your own guild and acitvate the guild-race. Talk to the NPC which only appears once the 15/15 was triggered and select the option to end the guild-missions early. This can also be repeated with as many guilds as necessary. 

Note: The game does not even care about the original timer. If you have e. g. bear lope on the list 2x. A hard one with a short timer and an easy one with a long timer, you can do this method for both. You only need one complete lap to interact with the NPC. Start the first mission, end it early. Start the next mission, end it early.

Note: If you want to do this with your whole guild = for personal loot as well, it is rather easy as well, it is slightly more complicated. Everyone who wants loot has to go to the beginning of the guild-race, transform into the animal and walk through AT LEAST one flag. This has to be done between activating the race and interacting with the NPC.

If the person who triggers the NPC wants personal loot as well, they have to finish one lap before interacting with it. We usually do it like this: We run the race as the whole guild, but tell our officers to park right before the final gate. We finish the first race early. Then start the next. The person who finished early, heads to the start and does the one-flag in transformation with the others. The next officer steps through the final flag, heads to the NPC and finishes the mission early. Then everyone who did the 1-flag + the officer who just finished get personal loot and the guild gets the favor. Rinse and repeat 
-
I use those methods frequently to powerlevel up to three guilds and speedclear multiple guild-races in a row with my main-guild. Figured these methods out on my own.

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Puzzle is rather easy. Here is how it works:

1.) You enter the Guild Puzzle with another guild and run through the whole thing.
2.) Upon entering the final section, usually after the last puzzle, you get a promt on your screen to "Accept credit" or something similar.
3.) Accept and walk back into the previous room.
4.) Open your guild-panel, switch representation to your own guild.
5.) Activate the guild-puzzle.
6.) Head towards the final section of the area again. You get the prompt again.
7.) Accept.
This can be repeated with as many guilds as you want.

Where does the prompt trigger:
- Proxemics Lab = upon entering the cheese room
- Langmar Estate = after walking through the broken gate after the ram-puzzle. Iirc you have to walk a little further uphill.
- Angvar's Trove = upon entering the ice-crystal room

-
The exact same mechanic also works for the Obsidian Sanctum WvW mission. Just without the screen-prompt. The progression/completion triggers around the last area with the spike-traps when you reach the area with the Aetherblades. Not at the final chest. This can also be repeated with as many guilds as necessary.
-
For the races, if you are after the guild-favor only, it is even more simple. All you have to do is finishing the guild-race one whole lap. Once that is done and the progression has crossed 15/15, head to the end of the race. Switch to your own guild and acitvate the guild-race. Talk to the NPC which only appears once the 15/15 was triggered and select the option to end the guild-missions early. This can also be repeated with as many guilds as necessary. 

Note: The game does not even care about the original timer. If you have e. g. bear lope on the list 2x. A hard one with a short timer and an easy one with a long timer, you can do this method for both. You only need one complete lap to interact with the NPC. Start the first mission, end it early. Start the next mission, end it early.

Note: If you want to do this with your whole guild = for personal loot as well, it is rather easy as well, it is slightly more complicated. Everyone who wants loot has to go to the beginning of the guild-race, transform into the animal and walk through AT LEAST one flag. This has to be done between activating the race and interacting with the NPC.

If the person who triggers the NPC wants personal loot as well, they have to finish one lap before interacting with it. We usually do it like this: We run the race as the whole guild, but tell our officers to park right before the final gate. We finish the first race early. Then start the next. The person who finished early, heads to the start and does the one-flag in transformation with the others. The next officer steps through the final flag, heads to the NPC and finishes the mission early. Then everyone who did the 1-flag + the officer who just finished get personal loot and the guild gets the favor. Rinse and repeat 
-
I use those methods frequently to powerlevel up to three guilds and speedclear multiple guild-races in a row with my main-guild. Figured these methods out on my own.

Thanks! I'd been managing the races as per your advice above, and doing the bounties, but the puzzles have been doing my head in. I'd been starting the mission, keeping on repping my guild, entering the instance with my other guild, then being told that my little guild had no credit at the end, even though I would get credit with the main guild.

Did you want to add your advice to the wiki page?

• Confused 1