Help a new player chose his class for PvP

Hello guys I really need help choosing a PvP character.

I like DPS/Roamer type of play what should I play?

I want something that has a high mobility and that would be topping the DPS charts..

I am currently playing as a power soulbeast ranger but I feel that as soon as someone gets close to me it's over :(..

Thank you for all the help!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, King Slayer.9671 said:

I want something that has a high mobility and that would be topping the DPS charts..

I am currently playing as a power soulbeast ranger but I feel that as soon as someone gets close to me it's over :(..

The bold is normal (or should be). Your mobility, GS and other evasive tools are for preventing that from happening. You should not be expecting both extreme damage and survivability at the same time (as often as it finds its way to the meta). 

Soulbeast is a good place to start for DPS builds, you could also try Dragonhunter, but it's less flexible than what you already have going.

Work on the bold (as in, what you can do to live when someone gets in range of you). Other high DPS builds usually want to be close to the opponent with the exception of Power Mesmer, Dragonhunter, and Scrapper (in its current state), and those all have a slightly steeper learning curve. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

The bold is normal (or should be). Your mobility, GS and other evasive tools are for preventing that from happening. You should not be expecting both extreme damage and survivability at the same time (as often as it finds its way to the meta). 

Soulbeast is a good place to start for DPS builds, you could also try Dragonhunter, but it's less flexible than what you already have going.

Work on the bold (as in, what you can do to live when someone gets in range of you). Other high DPS builds usually want to be close to the opponent with the exception of Power Mesmer, Dragonhunter, and Scrapper (in its current state), and those all have a slightly steeper learning curve. 

Thank you for a helpful advice. I'll keep my ranger going in the pvp and hopefully get really good at it 🙂

A combat oriented Ele can do the most damage.  The thing about top DPS is that some classes get top DPS because they engage in teamfights and have AOE attacks.  You won't beat those for damage if team fights are going on in your match when you are roaming.  So if you really really care about getting top damage, then you want something with AOE DPS capability, and you want a match where that matters.

You need to find a class you like to play in pve, then master that class there. After that test your might in pvp. Till then you'll just be a punching bag.

No class or play style will make you good over night.

I play ele, my favorite spec is freshair scepter/focus weaver. Has good deeps, I do get top damage sometimes. But has a decently high learning curve for new players. Iv been playing ele for 10 years, from core fresh air, to tempest fa, and so on. Ele right now has some good op survivability, but it takes practice as its like 20+ skills to remember and master. I played at least a solid year maybe 2 of pve befor I decided all I wanted to do now is pvp.

I feel Elementalist is engraved in my blood. I got a new job and the area I work under is the electrical.....area, so for short I write ele often at work making me think of this game more often then i should.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630