"Tower Guardian" achievement not working as intended

Jong.5937

If this achievement was intended to be a reward for defenders it really does not work, now wall repair does not count.

A lot of tower defence involves either using siege to take down catas or going out to meet catas and killing them and their forces out of range of the defence event.

By far the easiest way to get this achievement is mopping of the last enemy defenders after a tower capture, so really this is a bonus attacking achievement.

I'm not saying this bothers me personally 🙂 . Just saying ain't working as intended🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Of course its working as intended otherwise it wouldnt work like it does.

Its like that cornerstone, of course its meant to have been invisible for 5+ years, if it was supposed to have a visible mesh it should have had it.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

It's simple really. This achievement was added later in response to many asking for achievements that rewarded people who liked to spend their time guarding and defending, rather than running with the herd. But it doesn't work. The best way of earning it is still to be part of an attacking squad and kill a few stragglers after the capture.

If they want to reward defenders of towers I think the most powerful way would be to spawn an event around siege that attacks a tower and credit people who destroy that siege or kill people in a zone around it, but I guess that might be technically less than trivial! Alternatively I'd probably reinstate credit for repairing walls of towers only. The real abuse of the repair mechanic was SM and, to a lesser extent, keeps. IMO, of course!

They could also have an achievement for defending camps, which could lead to some fun more open fights. Not 15 per week though!! Maybe 3 or 5.

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jong.5937 said:

If they want to reward defenders of towers I think the most powerful way would be to spawn an event around siege that attacks a tower and credit people who destroy that siege or kill people in a zone around it

Since 95% of siegers will dump catas right at the walls isnt that how it already works? 🤔

The simplest way would just be to add like a 20m ICD to repair.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Since 95% of siegers will dump catas right at the walls isnt that how it already works? 🤔

You don't get jack towards the event for killing siege. Has to be a player. Which is incomprehensibly lame.

If i destroy the cata 4-5 guys have built by myself, i get nothing but a 2 minute extension to participation (but only if participation was sub-2mins to begin with), despite setting them back ~2-3 minutes. 

If i continually disable their siege, i get absolutely nothing.

Great rewards restructuring guys! I'm sure you'll analyse the data like you did with the 1% damage scaling on cc skills...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

As well as what LSD has said, especially that killing/disabling the siege does not count towards event participation or the weekly, I totally disagree with your "95%" statistic!!.For a small number of towers that may be true but, for the majority, catas are typically placed well outside the borders of the defence event, often to avoid watchtowers but also to avoid acs and "mobile acs" pewpew-ing from the walls 

On 4/5/2023 at 6:53 AM, Jong.5937 said:

By far the easiest way to get this achievement is mopping of the last enemy defenders after a tower capture, so really this is a bonus attacking achievement.

Having worked on Tower Defense since it came out (and repair taken away), this is the go-to method, at least for me, to complete this. Actually defending a tower delays achieving Tower Defense 😏

I remember defending a tower we owned, no walls or gate, so the enemy could just walk on in, our zerg against their zerg, 30 minutes of semi-continuous fighting and dying (I was in full defense mode so I stayed alive), and never once getting an achievement tick. I even targeted enemies that targeted players on our side that died. Nothing.