Celestial Gear needs to go, these builds are unfun and boring to fight against as well as to play.

Ketharius.9018

On 5/22/2023 at 6:44 PM, calimoura calypso.3604 said:

Some classes excel in cele, others don't. It's been like that since they released it.

This! Celestial has always for example been a great choice for elementalists, but not that many warriors or thieves select it.

If the build doesn't offer any easy way to gain might, then damage from celestial stats is going to be relatively low. The problem is that some elite specs spit might and other boons like no tomorrow. In general we have excess of boons, both in small scale and especially large scale.

I would say we have much bigger problems in WvWvW e.g. certain elite specs are overperforming and certain core classes are underperforming. Arenanet has done mistakes like trying to balance the specs by gutting the core, instead of the addressing the elite e.g. countless nerfs towards core engineer or core elementalist, leading to pretty much everybody playing the elite specs. Play elite to win = pay to win

Toning down the overperforming elite specs, fixing the population imbalance and fixing quality of life issues should be priority #1. By QoL I mean stuff like siege blueprints. We should get a wallet for all kinds of siege (normal, superior and guild). Now the siege blueprints take a lot of inventory space and suck if you want to play your alts.

When it comes to most unfun builds to fight against: I would give my vote to excess stealth, lots of teleports (ability to reset the fights forever) and condition spam. This would be relatively easy to fix e.g. make revealed always 4 seconds in WvWvW and limit the total duration of stealth to no more than 8-10 seconds (permanent stealth is very unfun to fight against!).

Edited by Deniara Devious.3948
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 9 months later...