[Resolved] Chromium and ReShade...

With the new Chromium Embedded Framework update, ReShade now only works for me if I rename its DLL from dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll.

However, the later is the name of ArcDPS' DLL, so I have no idea how to get both to run together now.

Any advice?

UPDATE (thanks to @borgs.6103 for the heads-up!):

In order to make both add-ons work, you need to rename the ReShade DLL as mentioned above (d3d11.dll).

The ArcDPS DLLs get placed in the game's \bin64\cef\ subfolder. Next, rename Arc's main DLL from d3d11.dll to dxgi.dll.

Done. 🙂

P.S. The addons subfolder remains in the main GW2 folder, but some files will get copied into the \bin64\cef\ subfolder by Arc.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Solution found and posted!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Oh so that's why ReShade is suddenly not working anymore... :classic_sad:

Hope we get an answer to this.

EDIT:
I read something about ArcDPS's d3d11.

You can rename it to dxgi and place it in /bin64/cef. Then rename ReShade's dxgi to d3d11 and they will both work again.

Edited by borgs.6103
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, borgs.6103 said:

You can rename it to dxgi and place it in /bin64/cef. Then rename ReShade's dxgi to d3dll and they will both work again.

You sure it's d3.dll and not d3d11.dll?

Won't be able to try it anyway until an Arc update has been released. But thanks for the heads-up! 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

but arc is working fine, what updates does it need?

I was getting red error text in-game. Just checked, and it's the Unofficial Extras-DLL that is causing it -- that one requires an update. 😉

On topic: @borgs.6103, got ArcDPS to work after all, thanks for the tip! 😃

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

• Ashantara.8731 changed the title to [Resolved] Chromium and ReShade...
11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

With the new update, ReShade now only works for me if I rename its DLL from dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll.

However, the later is the name if ArcDPS' DLL, so I have no idea how to get both to run together now.

Any advice?

UPDATE (thanks to @borgs.6103 for the heads-up!):

In order to make both add-ons work, you need to rename the ReShade DLL as mentioned above (d3d11.dll).

The ArcDPS DLLs get placed in the game's \bin64\cef\ subfolder. Next, rename Arc's main DLL from d3d11.dll to dxgi.dll.

Done. 🙂

P.S. The addons subfolder remains in the main GW2 folder, but some files will get copied into the \bin64\cef\ subfolder by Arc.

Where should the dll for reshade be? I cant find the dxgi.dll for reshade anywhere

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Arthelad.5418 said:

Where should the dll for reshade be? I cant find the dxgi.dll for reshade anywhere

The file is located in your Guild Wars 2 game installation folder, where the Gw2-64.exe is also located.

First off, you need to activate the display of file extensions in Windows Explorer. That will make it easier to tell DLLs and EXEs from other file types.

Edit: Are you still using an old DX9 version of ReShade? In that case, the file location differs.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The file is located in your Guild Wars 2 game installation folder, where the Gw2-64.exe is also located.

First off, you need to activate the display of file extensions in Windows Explorer. That will make it easier to tell DLLs and EXEs from other file types.

Edit: Are you still using an old DX9 version of ReShade? In that case, the file location differs.

all fixe now, and no i was using dx11 version. ty for help everyone