Can you please standardize gathering tool speeds?

As several others have pointed out, you can cancel the animation as soon as the XP hits (which is when you've gathered the material and it's now in your inventory).   The time it takes for the experience and crafting material to hit and the time of the tool's animation are two different things.

Personally, I use the stow weapon command (my universal cancel animation key) as soon as I hear the chime of the XP gain.  Occasionally, I will let the animations of my different tools finish, which are all different from the actual gathering of the material and gain of XP.

Stow weapon is one of the most useful commands in the game. People should learn how to use it.

Edit:

Wanted to add:

When chopping trees or mining ore, the third strike is always the slowest.  It is quicker to cancel after the first two strikes, then immediately interact to gather again.  This is especially true for rich nodes.

For me, C is weapon stow and B is interact.  Once I hear the experience gain chime twice, I hit C->B in quick succession to finish gathering.  Always quicker.  Again, the actual gathering of materials is different from the animations of the tools you use.

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

What I'm saying is how unclear cast time is and it's being equated to gathering speed, which is what Custodio was trying to point out.

correct, this is exactly what i meant. I may have been wrong on the aftercast-part tho, since i didn´t check in full detail. 

I think I get the problem outlined here in this thread.

Some tools don't gather as fast as others, even bugging out and requiring another click or interaction and some have massive aftercasts that are difficult to cancel.  The aftercasts I'm not so sure on, but the 'gather as fast as others' could likely be easily standardized where all three strikes take the same amount of time regardless of animation.  You get the loot in the usual 1-2-3 step count at some interval of milliseconds (Preferrably .75 seconds or 750 ms).

Edited by Epsilon Indi.2031
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 9 months later...

saddens me that my first logging tool i buy is the choya one ...most times it does not finish the tree and i have to interact a second time, for half the animation because the first strike does not occur before then.
edit: to help understanding my issue, i never have quickness while gathering...

Edited by Shino.9472
  • Confused 1