Ranger pet goes into stowed when emerging from water [Merged]

Haven't seen this bug for a while now, but it's back. When coming out of water and going onto land on my Ranger (SB), the land pet goes into "stowed" mode. Really annoying since it affects timers and skills on the pet. Like coming out of the water in WvW and wanting to use a pet skill, you can't. You have to unstow the pet, wait for the cooldown, merge, and then use the skill. You're dead before that. 

When using mechanics that move you, such as Jade Bot ziplines or the updraft when jumping to Sabir platforms in W7, the Soulbeast pet may merge and then get stowed, forcing the player unmerge to get the pet back.

Edit: Twin Lagos Assassin's water sprouts also despawn the pet.

Edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to Ranger pet goes into stowed when emerging from water [Merged]

I just dealt with strange behavior with pet merging in raids.  In wings 6 and 7, whenever my character was propelled across platforms (going across the blue bouncing balls to reach the pyres on Q1, or going up the platforms between phases on Cardinal Sabir), my merge skills would disappear, and it would look like my pet was stowed.  I would un-merge to make my pet reappear, and then sometimes after reaching Sabir's main platform my merge skills would pop back up, sometimes I would have to re-merge on my own.

22 hours ago, Krug.9138 said:

I just dealt with strange behavior with pet merging in raids.  In wings 6 and 7, whenever my character was propelled across platforms (going across the blue bouncing balls to reach the pyres on Q1, or going up the platforms between phases on Cardinal Sabir), my merge skills would disappear, and it would look like my pet was stowed.  I would un-merge to make my pet reappear, and then sometimes after reaching Sabir's main platform my merge skills would pop back up, sometimes I would have to re-merge on my own.

Yup, I've had the exact same bug in Sabir. I also have a thread for it, but it hasn't been responded to. I did report it over a ticket as well. That did get a response saying they received it, so hopefully it gets fixed eventually. I didn't have it pop back up a single time on Sabir. It also has happened during some other encounters as well.