Is it just me, or recent armours’ dye channels too vibrant?

I didn’t give it too much thoughts when I see the new Canthan, Antique armour sets etc at EOD release. I was like, okay they look a bit hard to dye (I mean, to tune down the flashiness) so I’m probably not gonna use them. 

But I don’t understand why the tattoo packs are also… like this? I mean, I can’t make them look like normal tattoos, like the norn tattoos when you create a norn character. I can’t stop them from looking like some cheap tattoo stickers! 

Am I the only one feel this way?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

I don't know about the others but the firebloom tattoos do seem glossy, especially around the outer edges. It's possible to tone it down a bit by using a dull dye colour on those parts, but not to get rid of it entirely. (By comparison the norn tattoos are completely matte.)

I assume that's intentional, it does help them look like fire, and I like it, but then I bought them to use on characters who are typically more colourful so it fits them. It wouldn't work at all for some of my characters, but I don't think they'd wear the tattoo armour anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't know about the others but the firebloom tattoos do seem glossy, especially around the outer edges. It's possible to tone it down a bit by using a dull dye colour on those parts, but not to get rid of it entirely. (By comparison the norn tattoos are completely matte.)

I assume that's intentional, it does help them look like fire, and I like it, but then I bought them to use on characters who are typically more colourful so it fits them. It wouldn't work at all for some of my characters, but I don't think they'd wear the tattoo armour anyway.

Seems like intended to me as well. But I think they overdid it a bit. Like, many dye can make things look bright and glossy already. I don’t think making these dye channels glossy by default is necessary. Dye can do the job. 

I have a weird almost reflective effect happening on the serpentine tattoos. When I watch preview videos for them I don’t see the effect, so I figure maybe it’s something to do with my settings?

As to brightness, picking colors that look almost grey helps. I’ve been able to almost match my Norn’s racial tattoo blue by choosing a dye  in the blue hue category that looks grey in the selection swatches. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2