New Espec idea

prototypedragon.1406

The Thumbs Warrior, force your foe into  thumb wrestling dangers as you grapple them into a inescapable match. Upon being grappled both the warrior and foe lose all boons and access to them and become immune to damage and conditions from outside forces.  While having mobility and have a mobile thumb war. Both the foe and the warrior gain access to thumb skills which each have to use attacks to break their opponents break bar .  The thumb skills shall be applied to both characters to replace their 1-5 weapon skills and disabled their healing skill and utilities. Skill 1 thumb swing 1second cripple, thumb slice 2 second cripple , thumb slash for the auto the third strike does 1second immobilize that slowly eats away at the break bar. On skill 2 Nimble Thumbing evasion for 3/4 seconds as you dodge your foes thumb strikes. Skill 3 Thump!  Quickly jab your foes thumb slowing them for 2 seconds. Skill 4 pin break dazed your foes thumb making it numb and stunbreaks from pin down. Skill 5 pin down press down your foes thumb stunning them and rapidly drain break bar for 3 seconds. F1 finisher Thumb Break lift your opponent into the air twisting and breaking their thumb before slamming them into the ground requires foe to have a broken break bar. Upon using Thumb Break the opponent is instantly put into down state.  Traits would include increase to speed on specific 1 through 5 skills, different animations to throw off your opponent, claimable broken thumb stacks, the more thumbs you break the stronger you become, can still be defeated if not currently in a grappled Thumb match with an opponent. Loses access to weapon swap but gains a F2 called grapple that b comes useable after getting full adrenaline.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The Thumb Warrior gets a unique special action skill called Belch to daze their foe for 1/4s while in a thumb wrestle.

I'm taking notes  revising so far names of the spec I'm thinking the hitchhiker or The Juggler. Maybe the gamechanger , Martialthumber😉😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In all honesty it is kind surprising for a primarily Melee based class we really don't get to use our fists much as weapons and when we do they tend to be made of paper. Perhaps this espec shall reveal our true location of power that our overlords have hidden from us all this time as it resides in our mighty Thumbs 👍👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

In all honesty it is kind surprising for a primarily Melee based class we really don't get to use our fists much as weapons and when we do they tend to be made of paper. Perhaps this espec shall reveal our true location of power that our overlords have hidden from us all this time as it resides in our mighty Thumbs 👍👍

Is Rampage a joke to you?

In all seriousness I'd love it if they reworked Rampage to not give bonus stats, pulse boons, or take away the utility bar and had a 5s CD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Is Rampage a joke to you?

In all seriousness I'd love it if they reworked Rampage to not give bonus stats, pulse boons, or take away the utility bar and had a 5s CD.

Honestly I would do anything for that to become  a reality if some of the damage it has was returned slightly as well. Make rampage similar to a kit  in the sense with the 5 second cooldown that would make it  even more fun to use in terms of boons though even making it give self protection while using it could be beneficial although I myself am indifferent to boons depending on the situation since boons that are  inflated often ends up to further imbalance rather then stabilize at times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Honestly I would do anything for that to become  a reality if some of the damage it has was returned slightly as well. Make rampage similar to a kit  in the sense with the 5 second cooldown that would make it  even more fun to use in terms of boons though even making it give self protection while using it could be beneficial although I myself am indifferent to boons depending on the situation since boons that are  inflated often ends up to further imbalance rather then stabilize at times.

If it got boons after such a rework it would have to come from a trait.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If it got boons after such a rework it would have to come from a trait.

They could replace  Building Momentum with it and make it's activation based on burst skill tiers for the duration of protection 1 bar 2 seconds 2 bars  3 seconds of protection 3 bars  4 seconds of protection

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

They could replace  Building Momentum with it and make it's activation based on burst skill tiers for the duration of protection 1 bar 2 seconds 2 bars  3 seconds of protection 3 bars  4 seconds of protection

With how CC heavy Rampage is it would come from a trait like Stalwart Strength or Aggressive Onslaught. Apply CC get Protection. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

With how CC heavy Rampage is it would come from a trait like Stalwart Strength or Aggressive Onslaught. Apply CC get Protection. 

Hmm true but to actually use the protection it would need to be on cc skill hit rather then activation of the cc itself otherwise it just pops out 15 damage which doesn't do much against those that have chain boon lines where they can bury their own protection and stability behind other filler boons since boon strips have been gutted for the most part. 🤔 Which either they should boost all cc to do max of 1000 damage flat or provide the protection on hit. At one time it would be a timing issue in terms of one using a cc skill at the right time but with the duration of boon durations and often cases of 3 plus stacks of stability encounters one or the other perhaps could help improve things at least in terms of weapon skills. Utility plus weapon skills cc damage might be 2 much but I would be for it if all were increased to 1000 flat  instead of the measly 15.

• Like 1

I think many of us would enjoy things more if our overlords stopped trying to make us slurp the bladesworn coolaid and focused on improving the core first  primarily in terms of weapons and traits. then evolving or devolving  the especs to balance them further, since core is the foundation to begin with.   And prior to doing the evolution or devolution  to decide on what they primarily want for each e spec. Considering berserker has the ability to be power based or condi based for the most part. Spellbreaker has been tuned to removing boons but that ship had sailed so it's still looking for an identity in a sense, then bladesworn is a one hit wonder with low damage in terms of competitive modes. Come to think of it  for core warrior if they could maybe combine all of the banners into the elite banner and make it repositional like the revenants ventari tablet turn the banner into a placeable kit that has the access to each of the banners current effects  for 1 through 5 button activation generate quickness then also activates their boons or additional ability such as daze or stability.  But there would not be a auto attack, when placed weapons would not be able to be drawn until the banner is stowed back in its kit. It could couple well with shouts in terms of the smallish healing they provide which to help balance their healing one could just give protection or resolution while activated or short durations of regeneration for 3 seconds on shout activation  or 2 seconds considering shouts have 2 uses aside from shake it off. With the banners all tied into the elite skill kit it would free up the rest of usable utilities while providing more build options to warrior while proving it a more supportive role. Granted many would not like losing their weapons so perhaps they could implement some sort of banner burst skill or something perhaps, I have seen talk of adding a secondary burst skill to 2 handers and offhand weapons which could be extremely beneficial as well while also diversifying warriors gameplay in general.🤔

Edited by prototypedragon.1406
  • Thanks 1

@Lan Deathrider.5910 come to think of it has their been more discussion of what secondary burst skills would look like? 🤔 2handed greatsword, hammer,rifle,bow. F2 on greatsword could be apply a slow effect while doing damage while sharing a similar animation perhaps to the regular F1. Hammer secondary can be a hooking pull that pulls all enemies in towards you or a aoe knockdown of 2 seconds, Rifle F2 could be a bouncing shot that bounces off of nearby enemies around the target similar to rangers auto on axe. Bow F2 could add cripple and immobilize as arrows fall from above. Offhands sword mace axe warhorn. Sword offhand F2 I think people mentioned torment application with it I would say maybe even add a pull with a chain with a similar application as sword 4 but with a 600 range single target pull or have it hit the target and pull up to 3 nearby enemies to the hit target that are within 300 range around them. Mace F2 would apply a aoe confusion with 5 stacks within a 450 range.  For Warhorn's F2 it could do a 2 second aoe daze within 600 range.  Axe F2 could be a double axe throw with the first strike popping 5 to 10 stacks of vulnerability and the second one applying slow. Mostly just thinking out loud in terms of these which there could be better implementations depending on the weapons themselves.🤔

Edited by prototypedragon.1406
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 come to think of it has their been more discussion of what secondary burst skills would look like? 🤔 2handed greatsword, hammer,rifle,bow. F2 on greatsword could be apply a slow effect while doing damage while sharing a similar animation perhaps to the regular F1. Hammer secondary can be a hooking pull that pulls all enemies in towards you or a aoe knockdown of 2 seconds, Rifle F2 could be a bouncing shot that bounces off of nearby enemies around the target similar to rangers auto on axe. Bow F2 could add cripple and immobilize as arrows fall from above. Offhands sword mace axe warhorn. Sword offhand F2 I think people mentioned torment application with it I would say maybe even add a pull with a chain with a similar application as sword 4 but with a 600 range single target pull or have it hit the target and pull up to 3 nearby enemies to the hit target that are within 300 range around them. Mace F2 would apply a aoe confusion with 5 stacks within a 450 range.  For Warhorn's F2 it could do a 2 second aoe daze within 600 range.  Axe F2 could be a double axe throw with the first strike popping 5 to 10 stacks of vulnerability and the second one applying slow. Mostly just thinking out loud in terms of these which there could be better implementations depending on the weapons themselves.🤔

I made especs called the commander and the taicho. They used "tactical bursts" which were F2 bursts for OH and 2H weapons. I'll dig it up later if you don't find them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I made especs called the commander and the taicho. They used "tactical bursts" which were F2 bursts for OH and 2H weapons. I'll dig it up later if you don't find them.

It may be good to resurface them either way, less they get buried by anet due to recentness. I think I had  seen them and had looked over them a little bit which I think may of been where I saw the first discussion of secondary F2 abilities on offhand  and 2handed weapons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

It may be good to resurface them either way, less they get buried by anet due to recentness. I think I had  seen them and had looked over them a little bit which I think may of been where I saw the first discussion of secondary F2 abilities on offhand  and 2handed weapons.

I'll go dig it up. In this case though I'll have to tier them off of adrenaline so give me a bit.

• Like 1