The Weekly Poll

babana.7521

The Weekly Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice question, Are you a solo player? Answer yes or no. Select the time it takes you to complete the 6 tasks, pick answer from #3-#6

• Yes
    • No
    • I complete the weekly on the first day
    • 2 days -4 days
    • I play as usual, I will eventually get the 8 gold before reset.
    • I cannot complete the weekly.
  2. 2. Which of the weekly do you find is the hardest to complete

• (Weekly) Camp Capturer
    • (Weekly) Dolyak Denier
    • (Weekly) Invader Incinerator
    • (Weekly) Keep Crusher
    • (Weekly) Keep Keeper
    • (Weekly) Ruin Runner
    • (Weekly) Stonemist Castle Conquerer
    • (Weekly) Tower Guardian
    • (Weekly) Tower Taker

Tower guardian is the hardest. Towers are really easy and fast to take so that has something to do with it. But also most of the time I dont get credit because the fight went on outside or it just is bugged, not sure about it.

In some matchups I can see that SM conqueror can be  hard, since some servers live there.

• Like 3

Getting the weekly isn't limited by going solo or with the guild, but by my total available game time each week. If I have enough time to play and that overlaps with a few guild raids I can join, I'd say I'd get the weekly done before reset.
Tower Guardian is currently the hardest to get, because getting participation there is bonkers now and totally unreliable to get. SMC I can get, with actively going for it through out the week, Incinerator if I run with a large group, but not juts doing solo stuff. Camps, dollies and ruins I get all the time.

Solo and paying attention to the weeklies may not be a combo here as well. There are a lot of reasons people roam, looking for WvW levels and loot, not sure I would say is one of the bigger reasons they do so or they would just always be on a tag since it pays more in both of those typically. Its not like there is more reward for solo capping or kills, currently. 

I run with a squad that does two hours a day of WvW, seven days a week. Though I often only do five to six days a week myself. It rarely takes me longer than three days to get the eight gold. Tower Guardian is definitely the hardest one for me to get because the mechanics seem so badly bugged. We defended two towers during today's run and I only got credit for one of them. Some members of the squad didn't get credit for either defense even though like me, they had killed enemies in the tower while the timer was up.

Capping SMC for me really seems to depend on the weekly match up. Sometimes we've capped it several times a week, or even a couple of times in one day, a few times with no opposition at all. Then there was one time when our overnight folks capped SMC before we started our run and no enemies re-capped it during our two hour run every day that week. Really, it was ours for seven straight days during our run time. Other weeks the enemies defended it so fiercely that we were unable to cap it. Sometimes the fighting in EBG was so continuously heavy, with correspondingly large queues, that we were not even able to get to EBG as a squad. On those days, when there was a call out that someone was attempting to take it, we'd just send a few squad members at a time through the queue, rotating our attempts so that everyone who wanted to had a chance at capping it.

Personally, I like the weekly achievements and the bit of extra gold. Even the variability of being able to cap SMC or not is fun, as it keeps things interesting. The only thing I wish is that Anet would fix the defense participation mechanics to make it more consisten and reliable. As it stands now, me and a number of folks in my squad pretty much write Tower Guardian off every week.

Edited by Chichimec.9364