[fanservice] What Changes Would You Want For Core Guardian?

Saiyan.1704

I feel Zeal has been neglected for a long while. For a treeline that's meant to dish out more damage, it barely outdamages Virtues.

Shattered Aegis (I will always call it this Anet how dare you change it's name) should crit again, just give it a lower modifier instead of the 2k hit on every Aegis. 1.2k crit would be nice.

Glacial Blow trait procs everytime we weapon swap, or crit (10s icd), or just add hammer damage back, that'd be nice too.

Symbolic Power, give symbols a 10% increased chance to crit.

A change to spirit weapons and Merciful Intervention would be nice too.... I kind of want to stay away from sigils though. I'm not 100% for passive gameplay.

• Like 3

Rework scepter to.. anything really, it's one of my most disliked weapons in the entire game, the sound effect is annoying, the orbs are dreadfully slow, and it's not very good at anything..
Personally I'd want the old effect of Amplified Wrath (burning enemies on block) back without having  to use a rune for it, maybe replace Communal Defenses in Valor with it or something?

As a less specific wishlist I'd want a healer specialization, maybe Honor reworked to pump out lots of healing? I just want that monk experience from GW1 again, guardian is the closest I can get to it but it's not there yet imo, maybe rework Valor into a protection monk style thing too? lots of protection, aegis for the whole group?

this is from the viewpoint from a super casual open world player, it'd probably be busted strong in endgame content if they filled out a proper support role with alacrity or quickness in a core specialization and then you could stack Firebrand on top of that, so I just want the support and defensive aspects tbh :3

Also, make Shelter into a consecration pls, skills with no type bother me 😧

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mimterest.4639 said:

Rework scepter to.. anything really, it's one of my most disliked weapons in the entire game, the sound effect is annoying, the orbs are dreadfully slow, and it's not very good at anything..
Personally I'd want the old effect of Amplified Wrath (burning enemies on block) back without having  to use a rune for it, maybe replace Communal Defenses in Valor with it or something?

As a less specific wishlist I'd want a healer specialization, maybe Honor reworked to pump out lots of healing? I just want that monk experience from GW1 again, guardian is the closest I can get to it but it's not there yet imo, maybe rework Valor into a protection monk style thing too? lots of protection, aegis for the whole group?

this is from the viewpoint from a super casual open world player, it'd probably be busted strong in endgame content if they filled out a proper support role with alacrity or quickness in a core specialization and then you could stack Firebrand on top of that, so I just want the support and defensive aspects tbh :3

Also, make Shelter into a consecration pls, skills with no type bother me 😧

I pretty much agree with everything here. The staff already fires orbs, and they explode. It would be neat if the scepter auto got a ray instead, and a damaging condition rider. Or condition damage on the symbol could work.

• Like 2

Make one of the virtues minors into "Get 11% movement speed in combat of every virtue not currently on cooldown"

Would give guard some much needed in combat mobility with a pretty big counter. It's higher than the normal 25% traits but with a big payoff.

All classes have already lost their original identity and core guard is just so far behind currently. But that's my one wish. 

• Haha 1

I'd love it if they made the books from fire brand a proper piece like they had with core guardian on vanilla GW2 release.

Then someway to regenerate pages to allow camping the book you want.

It was such a fun minute to attack with the old book back in the day