Willbender Alac needs some serious QOL Changes

AlphaWolvesGamer.5790

I understand that they added some QOL changes by allowing Willbenders to stack passives, and it helped a lot. But hot darn does it feel kitten to play in an area with a hard edge limit.

Wing 6 is a nightmare trying to play Alac Willbender, there is absolutely no room to F2 without following off the edge. The fact that F2 moves PAST the target is a nightmare of itself, but if you're hard limiting arena size or movement (You LITTERALLY die when you try giving Alac during Conjured Amalgamate, Twin Largos, and Qadim).

Seriously, can we make it so F2 doesn't move past the enemy hitbox? At the very least?

• Like 2

They should make the virtue a double check skill: the first activation should instantly provide the boons and inpairment removals, while the second click would cast the current 0.5s animation delivering the damage and other effects.

Being said that, I don't think that WB would have a place in meta PvE: the spec is entirely oriented towards mobility and dps, with 0 team oriented mechanics (and even low self boon generation). Is like trying to use a selfish coupe as a friendly minivan, it just won't work.

F2 doesnt have a hit at its end like f1 where it makes sense for it stop when it meets the target, its a defensive f skill meant to give you mobility and evade frames and leave behind you a damaging trail.

Your problem gets solved fairly easily by just paying attention where you aim the f2, you can f2 in any direction being backwards, sideways infront of you and anything else in between, the arenas in w6 are large enough to where you arent out of options.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 2

I understand your argument Zealex, but I still feel like the skill shouldn't outright yeet you over an edge. Specifically, it was the Largos Twins fight that got me frustrated, because 1/2 of the area was death water and the other half was falling off the edge. And on that tiny sliver I could move, it was almost always death bubbles. Quadem was even worse because the tiny gaps in the floor are just large enough to fall into with your F2 without noticing unless you screw up the center tank.

I played Wing 7 today with the Alac Willbender, and all except for the Cardinal Adina fight felt natural. Part of the reason is that I didn't feel choked by the limited amount of space, and the other half being that Cardinal Sabir and Qadim the Peerless seemed to have hit boxes that stopped me from moving past them. 

I'm honestly scared to even try this on Vale Guardian or Carne because of the amount of random teleportation they have. I don't know, it might of been a "Wing 6" thing because I don't have too much experience with Willbender Alac. It was super fun in Wing 7 but it still feels like I need to dump more into it than its worth.

That being said, I'd have to respectfully disagree with Buran saying that "It just doesn't work", since I'm hovering only around 20% Boon Duration and getting enough Boon Uptime to provide 100% Alac to the team. It might be lower if I were better (heard some people getting away with 15%), but it was nice being able to hit 100% uptime while also dealing 16k (I know the benchmark is 33k but like I said, still new. I also don't weapon swap much so I'm gimping myself with that too). 

While maybe not stopped by an enemy hitbox, I feel like preventing Willbender's F2 from Yeeting off random gasps and chasms would add a lot more quality of life to the class than it might remove.

I guess it doesn't really matter though. I probably won't be raiding with the guild since the Alliance Beta caused some friction and they decided to hunt me on WvW because I didn't join them. Eh...

F2 being tricky aside, you could go further when talking about the lack of QoL
-Having to either drop Alac or compensate on gear/utility for more concentration on fights with invuln phases, since unlike might, fury and quick you still want alac even when there's actually nothing to hit.
-The lack of extra boons except a tiny amount of might that barely loops with some BD and regen that will get overwritten by your healer. Compared to most other Alac specs, that's really bad.