SHOULD JUNE 27 BALANCE PATCH GO LIVE IN ITS CURRENT STATE?

Septimus Prime.6743

SHOULD JUNE 27 BALANCE PATCH GO LIVE IN ITS CURRENT STATE?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should June 27 balance patch go live in its current state?

• Yes, it seems fine to me!
    • Not in its current state! It needs more re-thinking!
    • I don't wanna see this patch NEVER go live because the changes are too drastic!

1 hour ago, Esufer.8762 said:

I think even though there's a verbal commitment to more communication (and I really do appreciate what we're getting compared to before), there's a profound lack of detail when it comes to patch notes that are presented and supplied. It's really good if you rework a skill or trait to give us the actual specifics of what it now does, rather than just going "X skill has been reworked, it will now provide boons to party members when activated" - fantastic! What boons? How long? Is there an ICD? What's the area it applies them in?

We basically cannot prepare or accurately gauge reworks/tweaks as buffs/nerfs as we get a patch stream and are then kept in the dark for 2-3 weeks until we can see what's actually changed.

Just to grab an example from the patch notes:

It doesn't really tell us what's getting granted, or for how long - I get that these are mentioned in passing on the patch note stream, but still in nowhere near enough detail to actually prepare for anything.

The patch preview stream had more detailed explanations in it for most changes. I really like that they do this.

I agree, the typed notes could be explained more. The way League of Legends does thier notes comes to mind.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 12:00 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

That would imply it’s a relatively new thing.

Truth is, status quo over the life of the game has leaned toward lack of communication. Occasionally someone at ANet announces they have a new policy of openness, which lasts a short while, then returns to the status quo.

I don’t think it’s due to any ill will. I expect most of the staff wants to communicate. But over the life of the game it appears ANet’s ambitions have always been larger than their resources, and when you don’t have enough time in your day, the first thing that goes is thorough communication.

I heard some of the streamers complain about it but I believe they have no market department since its all handled by the parent company. That why the lead developers and balance team leads end up doing it for them. 

You want to balance this mess , give players 100% uptime on quickness and alacrity , ... and heck why not all boons 100% of the time , boost all AA damage by 500% , reduce the cd of all healing skills by 99% or boost the healing of régénération by 1000% and there we go  , the devs can go away from gw2 , let the game die in peace , stop pretending they care about the game and go work on the  freaking mobile game they were working on ... yuuukkk

I cannot understand many things in this patch , the "shades" from scourge especially , even if they reverse it ... what were they thinking ??? they still got that idea of doing it ... can't they not see the problem having those on a 8sec duration ???

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Vote results as of today 26.07.2023:

162 (patch needs more re-thinking) + 66 (patch must NEVER go live) = 228 votes

48 (patch can go live) votes

276 votes of which only 17% are OK with these upcoming patch changes!

Majority of playing customers have spoken and general verdict is:

JUNE 27 BALANCE PATCH MUST NOT GO LIVE IN ITS CURRENT STATE!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2