Private WvW Squad

Is this normal behaviour for Private WvW squad to not see your squad members on the map?

Just running around with guildmates, and dont want to publically tag up, but I cant see where any of my guild members are.  They of course can see my catmander taco, but yeah, I dont know where they are.  Quite hard for us to stick together.

Small map or large map? In my experience this bug of people joining the squad yet you cant see where they are on the map has existed for years, usually it fixes itself once they come close enough to give you live location data instead of the long range sporadic location update.

7 hours ago, kiwipearls.5237 said:

Is this normal behaviour for Private WvW squad to not see your squad members on the map?

Just running around with guildmates, and dont want to publically tag up, but I cant see where any of my guild members are.  They of course can see my catmander taco, but yeah, I dont know where they are.  Quite hard for us to stick together.

No that is not normal. Any more details on the issue?

Its a known bug.

If members of your squad are not from the same original server they only show up as green dots.

For example if you are on Fort Aspenwood and your squadmate is on Devona's Rest, you will see each other as green dots instead of the blue dot.

Anet might not fix this as this problem might automatically go away when the system goes live and the original home servers are removed.