GAME BUY QUESTIONS

Hi,So I bought GW2 back in like 2012, did not play due to Aion. Still got my account, no expacs, lvl 20 and able to log in. I wanna finally play GW2 and want to buy the xpacs with all the freebies and lvl 80. thing is that part of the shop is confusing as hell:

1. shop says buy 2 xpacs for $49.99, I click on that and says for $50 more you can get like $40 or so dollars worth of coins. so I need to pay $99.99 total?
  2. the 2 xpacs for $49.99 have an illustration where I can see the lvl 80 boost, but once I click on that option it's does not specify a lvl 80 boost.
  3. is the $49.99 and the $50 dollars the same thing? because on a gaming website I read that GW2, HoT, PoF, lvl80, $40 worth of coins costed $79 as a pack. but I don't see it in the game shop.
  4. where exactly Is the lvl 80 located at in the upgrade options?
  5. I read on a site I can buy some sort of questline or waypoints, where the game content opens up instantly to save a lot of time. What is this called in the game shop?
  6. I wanna play tanky dps 1v1 WvW class ( I think they're called roamers here) or small scale WvW class that has the most self cleansing skills or long lasting self dispel mantras that make me immune to crowd control. I wanna kill one target, not 5 or 10. I want to kill the one I set eyes on. What WvW class am I talking about, melee if possible?

Thanks much

When you click the link for buying HoT you will get to a page where you can either buy HoT by itself, or buy the Standard Collection, which includes both HoT and PoF ($49,99). The $50 extra version is the PoF Ultimate Collection. It includes 4000 gems (about $50) and everything the Deluxe Collection has, which would cost $25 extra by itself. This page shows the differences between the versions.

Each expansion includes a Level-80_Boost. So for the Standard Collection that makes 2 boosters.

There is a waypoint unlock in the gemstore. It's pretty expensive and once you have PoF's mounts unlocking waypoints is so easy, the unlock item just isn't worth the gems.

If you log into the game when a living season episode is released, you will get it for free. Everyone else can buy the episodes later for gems. When buying HoT you can add season 2 right before paying for $16. You get a page where you can add all kinds of things to your purchase and LS2 is one of them. LS3 can only be purchased ingame with gems. LS1 can not be repeated and LS4 is yet to be released.

@"CHRIS CORNELL.6147" said:Still got my account, no expacs, lvl 20 and able to log in.

Welcome back :)

1. shop says buy 2 xpacs for $49.99, I click on that and says for $50 more you can get like $40 or so dollars worth of coins. so I need to pay $99.99 total?No. Order Path of Fire. Then continue on and you'll get an option to add Heart of Thorns. The combined price for both will be US$49.99.

2. the 2 xpacs for $49.99 have an illustration where I can see the lvl 80 boost, but once I click on that option it's does not specify a lvl 80 boost.You'll have access to it once you apply your codes to your account.

3. is the $49.99 and the $50 dollars the same thing? because on a gaming website I read that GW2, HoT, PoF, lvl80, $40 worth of coins costed $79 as a pack. but I don't see it in the game shop.There are 3 options for both expacs:

• Ordinary, US$29.99 each (or as noted above, US$59.99 for both bought together)
    • Deluxe, which costs US$25 extra for each expac and offers some cosmetic skins.
    • Ultimate which costs US$50 extra for each expac, includes the skins above, and US$50 worth of gems

I don't recommend Deluxe. If you plan on spending any of your money on gems for any reason in the next 12 months, buy one or both of the ultimate editions. The cost of the gems is the same, plus you get the extra skins. (If you only want to spend an extra $50 instead of $100, get PoF/Ultimate and HoT/Standard; the PoF/Ultimate includes a VIP area that is very convenient when starting out in the new zones.)

For what it's worth, I bought Standard for each.

1. where exactly Is the lvl 80 located at in the upgrade options?It's not; it's included automatically.You can buy addition L80 boosts for 2000 gems (i.e. $25) once you're in game. I don't recommend it though, at least not until you've spent more time in the game.

Put more simply, level your first character to 80 the hard way. Learn you way around. Get to see things from the ground up. it doesn't take long. Later, you can decide to buy your way into speedier leveling (but I suspect you won't want or need to).

1. I read on a site I can buy some sort of questline or waypoints, where the game content opens up instantly to save a lot of time. What is this called in the game shop?Central Tyria Waypoint Unlock PackageIt's 2000 gems (US$25) for just one character. I strongly discourage anyone from buying it, especially for just starting out.

2. I wanna play tanky dps 1v1 WvW class ( I think they're called roamers here) or small scale WvW class that has the most self cleansing skills or long lasting self dispel mantras that make me immune to crowd control. I wanna kill one target, not 5 or 10. I want to kill the one I set eyes on. What WvW class am I talking about, melee if possible?There are actually several that fit that description, if you allow for adapting it to what the game actually offers (nothing is "immune" to crowd control permanently, for example).

• Warrior, the traditional soldier class, has a couple of variants that are close to what you're looking for.
    • Guardian, which some think closer to a Paladin type in other games, is also very sturdy
    • A couple of other niche builds are consider tough-to-kill and have good burst damage, depending on how they are played.

Please do not use your booster on your main character. Gw2 doesn’t have something like an end game. The learning curve during leveling is very good.

What you can do is use a booster on an alt. Go directly to HoT and unlock gliding and then to PoF to unlock the raptor and play further till you have the bunny. Then go back to your main and play the game normally. The unlocks are acountwide and help a lot in playing the regular game. The glider prevents you from falling and killing. The raptor gives very good movement speed and the bunny helps with vista’s and other jumping.

First off, welcome back.

The minimum amount of purchases to unlock all pve content in GW2 is as follows:

• GW2 core- currently mostly free to play (besides the bonuses for having the purchased account unlocked like daily rewards, more characters slots, etc.)

• Living World Season 2 Episodes 1-8 - the story between the end of core and HoT. Each episode unlocks automatically free of charge if you logged in during the months it was added (before the next episode got released) otherwise they are 200 gems each for a total of 1,600 gems. This is optional content which I would highly recommend.

• HoT - the first expansion. Includes everything which came with the HoT expansion.

• Living World Season 3 Episodes 1-6 - the story between the end of HoT and PoF. Each episode unlocks automatically free of charge if you logged in during the months it was added (before the next episode got released) otherwise they are 200 gems each for a total of 1,200 gems. This is optional content which I would highly recommend. On top of which, Living World Season 3 maps are the best, fastest and cheapest way to get ascended trinkets for your character.

• PoF- the second expansion. Includes everything which came with the PoF expansion.

As such I would highly recommend you get the Ultimate edition and use the gems which come with it at 50% discount to unlock the living world episodes. This of corse can always be done later should you decide the game is to your liking at an increased cost but less risk of an initial investment into a game you might potentially not enjoy.

Final comment, definitely do not use your level 80 boosters on your first characters. You really should play the game naturally the first time and the actual leveling to 80 does not take that long (around 24 hours of /played time when not power leveling and just regularly playing). The chances are very high that you will boost a class you do not enjoy. Plus, you will be 80 with 0 understanding of the game, your class, etc.

Archived