Excessive persistent AOEs are an issue?

blp.3489

If the goal is to encourage pushes into melee combat over ranged standoffs aren't persistent ranged AOEs the main culprit? Facing a bazillion red circles between me and the enemy, especially with terrain constraints, is usually the biggest disincentive to closing for me.  Persistence is an issue because it allows stacking, which results in spike damage.  Is there an effective counter to that?  It seems like there should be effective ways to clear stacks of persistent AOEs so that their placement needs to be timed to be effective, or a mechanism that prevents excessive overlapping stacks.

My typing speed on a phone is too slow to elaborate much further, hopefully you can decipher what I am trying to get at here.

• Like 2

Its not really a zerg issue since they would use them on CD thus constantly move the red rings of death. Whats left behind is just a minor annoyance.

But yes, its one of mysterious relatively simple things that Anet could have fixed years ago. If you move beyond say 2500ish range of your trap based AoE (necro marks, dh traps, ranger traps etc) it should just vanish.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Its not really a zerg issue since they would use them on CD thus constantly move the red rings of death. Whats left behind is just a minor annoyance.

But yes, its one of mysterious relatively simple things that Anet could have fixed years ago. If you move beyond say 2500ish range of your trap based AoE (necro marks, dh traps, ranger traps etc) it should just vanish.

This