turn DT boost into ground targeted skill?

felix.2386

7 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

It's definitely clunky but you can actually aim it manually by using Action Cam without a target. 

you can't change direction when charging.

with the way how WWA works, you can shoot behind if you want.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

You seem impossible to convince so I made a video for you.

Yea because i had no idea action camera is a feature and not just a general term for camera movement. This thing is completely kitten in pvp/wvw tho, it locks your mouse in the middle of ur screen, nobody uses it.

It's almost like saying you can cancel unstowable skills with esc key. yea no one is doing that.

And like i said, you still can not launch behind you, you had to turn your camera 180 degree. And We literally use free camera for a reason

and Other movement skills without ground target can simply about face it.

At this point its basically negative effectiveness, the cons outweigh the pros.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I never messed with action target, but that is pretty nice that it can switch that well.  I wish the "allow skill retargetting" option worked that well, but it doesn't seem to allow swapping unless you swap targets during the first fraction of a second of skill activation.

As for whether it should be a ground target vs player targetted skill, I prefer it the way it is.  There's been times where an enemy has shadow stepped behind me at the last second and I would have missed entirely if not for it following the player target.

5 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

like whirlwind attack, i think it would be a lot better, right now this version too clunky. idk if it's the targeting system or the tracking system. and it's low potential for skill shot either.

I haven’t played blade in a while. One argument against ground target for 2 is stealth tracking if it still does that.

I do agree though, whether it’s boost or reach, adding a skill shot to DT would be nice I think.