Give Reaper alacrity instead of Scourge

Volcanis.4872

With the controversy of the Scourge changes, what if we give Reaper group alacrity and keep Scourge as is? I understand Reaper is the DPS spec, but the same could be said for Berserker and Bladesworn and they both got group quickness and alacrity. Here's my suggestion:

Blighter's Boon (grandmaster trait) is now "Terrifying Speed" - Gain life force when you apply a boon to allies or remove a boon from an enemy. Skills that inflict fear will now also grant allies boons (alacrity in PvE)

• warhorn 4, staff 5, reaper's shroud 3, lich form 3, spectral ring, and downed skill 2 all grant fear
  • Augury of Death could be reworked to grant an additional effect for all shouts. For example:
    • "Your Soul is Mine!" siphons health
    • "Nothing Can Save You!" inflicts fear
    • "Rise!" grants allies fury
    • "Suffer!" inflicts weakness
    • "You Are All Weaklings!" grants allies more might
    • "Chilled to the Bone!" inflicts slow

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Personally, pre eod i really hoped for them to turn reapers onslaught into a quickness provider trait with something else being the proper dps trait and then harb could give alac. Post eod i still kinda want that to happen, makes far more sense to me.

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 1

Honestly, I always thought it was weird that Harbinger granted Quickness when Alacrity made more sense, while neither Reaper nor Scourge were given the Quickness Boon instead. Now honestly, hear me out, what if we swapped Harbinger to be an Alacrity Provider instead of a Quickness Provider and gave Reaper the Quickness Boon instead. How do you ask? Why not take a page from the awful design ideas of Willbender and attach their boon sharing to a second skill tree.

In the Spite Trait Line, substitute "Dread" for "Unholy Idol" (Unholy Idol = "Inflicting Fear on a foe gives you boons (Swiftness 15s, Fury 15s, CD 5). Boons you grant yourself while in Shroud are also shared with allies (Radius: 600, Targets: 5."). 

Between Unholy Idol + Reaper's Might + Awaken the Pain grants grants permanent 25 Might and Fury just using this trait line alone. Eternal Life from Soul Reaping would also give a good deal of protection.

Infuse Terror could be changed to grant boons instead of a unique buff (Infuse Terror Rework CD 25s = Shroud yourself in dark armor that grants stability (x3, 6s) and reduces incoming damage (Protection 10s, Resolution 10s). You may shatter this armor to fear foes around you. || Terrify = Detonate your armor to make foes around you flee in Fear (2s).).

This change would allow Reapers to provide AoE Stability, Protection, and Resolution. Even with 100% boon time, it wouldn't be enough to give you 100% Protection/Resolution uptime (to be fair), but paired with Unholy Idol, it would be great for a DPS Alac to share more than just Might/Fury/Alac.

This tree would only work with Scourge while Sand Shades are active. While Nefarious Favor could theoretically provide both Alac and Quickness, Reaper Corruptions have no reliable way to provide self-condi Slowed/Chilled respectively to make that a concern, and most Slow/Chilled statuses aren't long enough to matter.

Lastly, Harbinger would just change Deathly Haste to provide Alacrity instead of Quickness. Aside from no longer needing to spec into Boon Duration for it <Almost no top DPS Alac/Quick specs need to>, there wouldn't be much to change.

I feel like Unholy Idol would open a LOT of potential for Boon Support Necromancers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Volcanis.4872 said:

With the controversy of the Scourge changes, what if we give Reaper group alacrity and keep Scourge as is? I understand Reaper is the DPS spec, but the same could be said for Berserker and Bladesworn and they both got group quickness and alacrity. Here's my suggestion:

Blighter's Boon (grandmaster trait) is now "Terrifying Speed" - Gain life force when you apply a boon to allies or remove a boon from an enemy. Skills that inflict fear will now also grant allies boons (alacrity in PvE)

• warhorn 4, staff 5, reaper's shroud 3, lich form 3, spectral ring, and downed skill 2 all grant fear
  • Augury of Death could be reworked to grant an additional effect for all shouts. For example:
    • "Your Soul is Mine!" siphons health
    • "Nothing Can Save You!" inflicts fear
    • "Rise!" grants allies fury
    • "Suffer!" inflicts weakness
    • "You Are All Weaklings!" grants allies more might
    • "Chilled to the Bone!" inflicts slow

What are your thoughts?

Breaks the theme. Reaper was designed around the idea of playing as the horror movie monster which it does well. Those Slasher villains typically work alone, are super tough and kill quickly. The Chill on reaper was even put there because of the idea that no matter how fast you try to run it always seems like the walking of that monster will catch up to you. Reaper is very much top down design, built around this theme and Alacrity which means brisk and cheerful readiness.

Now Scourge on the other hand, a guide to the lost souls can help them find peace. Which kinda sorta fits the definition of alacrity. since the souls are ready to move on and probably cheerful because of it. Its a bit of a stretch, but its not nearly as tough to fit it in as reaper.

Harbinger could work since they are giving out drugs, but that's a bit different.

Now, Reaper does exactly what its supposed to do right now. Its necromancer's best DPS spec, has super good breakbar damage and its the toughest spec of the 3. It has a 39k Power build and like a 41k condi build. It doesn't need nor should it ever have support.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Lily.1935 said:

Now, Reaper does exactly what its supposed to do right now. Its necromancer's best DPS spec, has super good breakbar damage and its the toughest spec of the 3. It has a 39k Power build and like a 41k condi build. It doesn't need nor should it ever have support.

well harb bench is higher. and also harb is better on some bosses in practice too. Thats why i dont think its strongest one. Reaper is just rly good now.

4 minutes ago, Adonaj.7932 said:

well harb bench is higher. and also harb is better on some bosses in practice too. Thats why i dont think its strongest one. Reaper is just rly good now.

by 600 damage and is far more frail. That puts reaper ahead as a more practical DPS. I'd also argue Condi reaper is easier to use. What bosses would harb be better in? Both are fairly locked in melee. Harbinger isn't a ranged spec spec much like holosmith isn't. Enough of its kit relies on you to be in melee that if you're going to pick one of the two, I'd suggest reaper since its easier to use and less likely to hit the floor. I've also run both in practice and Reaper preformed better...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

16 minutes ago, Lily.1935 said:

by 600 damage and is far more frail. That puts reaper ahead as a more practical DPS. I'd also argue Condi reaper is easier to use. What bosses would harb be better in? Both are fairly locked in melee. Harbinger isn't a ranged spec spec much like holosmith isn't. Enough of its kit relies on you to be in melee that if you're going to pick one of the two, I'd suggest reaper since its easier to use and less likely to hit the floor. I've also run both in practice and Reaper preformed better...

condi reaper is very slow ramp up spec and very niche. You can check specs performance on wingman.I dont think harb is hard to use tho. Your performance is your performance maybe reaper is just better for you as player.

15 minutes ago, Adonaj.7932 said:

condi reaper is very slow ramp up spec and very niche. You can check specs performance on wingman.I dont think harb is hard to use tho. Your performance is your performance maybe reaper is just better for you as player.

Harb is more team dependent. If your team isn't as skilled, which is often the case with more casual guilds, Harbinger will be less reliable. I've had issues with stray mechanics using harb causing downs where reaper didn't have those issues. Harbinger also has more animation locks which can cause problems.