Is skyscale going have 0 limits with the SotO bonuses?

Well, it's simple if we get Bond of Vigor every time we use Air Rescue(aka, dismount/mount skyscale in mid-air) and since Skyscale gets half it's blue stamina bar from Bond of Vigor, does this mean we'll be able to just spam that to go upwards to the map ceiling? Same thing goes for horizontal travel as well pretty much. Or am I missing something? 

(I know about the negative stamina, but this seems like it will be able to overwrite it)

1 minute ago, Dayra.7405 said:

If you currently boost your high with Bond of Vigor you will not be able to keep your high, your are sinking back to normal over time. Not sure how they did it however and how the new masteries will affect it.

Exactly, if you dismount/remount before you sink you'll get half your blue stamina back, if you repeat that process it seems you'll be able to fly up infinitely. 

It's already kind of possible, but only if you have a wall in front of you, you can move around into the wall a bit and often you can confuse the game into thinking you started from the ground again, thus removing the negative stamina penalty. 

Yeah, but it still feels like there's something wrong, Having the ability to move vertically/horizontally with no limits doesn't whisper Guild Wars 2 to me. Also there's 1 thing you can do with that, double dive with griffon, starting from ground level, which is quite good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

But I do worry about the Skyscale gonna make the Springer totally obsolete with the height gain, areal attacks and other buffs.

A lot of people already prefer Skyscale over Springer and this sounds like bad news for the Springer to me.

I almost never use the Springer anymore. Technically there are 1 or 2 spots in the game where the Springer jumping works better, but it isn't better (or frequent) enough to warrant me switching over from the Skyscale. Springer used to be good for opening defiance break, but Turtle is now generally better for that sort of thing. I can't remember when the last time I purposely used the Springer on my main account. 

• Like 1

with eod its technically possible to get infinite height anyway on skyscale

1. mount skyscale and fly up till your blue bar runs out
2. dismount with bond of faith and glide as soon as you can
3. use the jade bot updraft skill (tier 3 for most height to use but don't need it just slower height gain)
4. once you gain maximum height with the updraft remount on skyscale and wait 30 seconds for both bond of faith and jade bot updraft skill to recharge
5. repeat as much as desired