Escape Artist

Callidous.7624

Does anyone know WHY Escape Artist was reworked? I really enjoyed that trait on my open world mirage. Torch 4, signet of midnight, and decoy gave me three extra clones while stealthing often. It was a lot of fun and now I have to change my build up a lot and I'm kind of upset about it. Was it over performing? Underperforming? Why did it need to be changed to something that basically has no use?

This is one of the few changes i don't mind. It was always difficult to summon phantasms in WvW, and them having distortion now that they're the only source of boons, is practically a must. I might even get a chance to see the shield phantasms now and then, when they don't bug out.

• Like 1

In WvW phantasms died immediately in Zerg combat so those skills were never really usable. Now they survive long enough to finish their attack. This is one of the few positive changes for Mesmer in this patch, though I also had a stealth PU Virtuoso build that used the pre patch trait that I am lamenting.

• Like 1

Its good that they finally gave phantasms distortion, but they should really just implement this into phantasms core mechanic instead of tie it to a trait! That way they can come up with something more interesting for the Escape Artist trait.

Im wondering if 5 sec of distortion is even enough in some cases, since some phantasms are slower in performing their attack. They need a longer duration of distortion atleast.

If you ask me, phantasms should have distortion on themselves til they become a clone, since they are supposed to be mesmers skills that makes big impact in fights. We want our phantasms to actually deliver their attack so we dont waste our spell for nothing (which has been the case for many years now).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Its good that they finally gave phantasms distortion, but they should really just implement this into phantasms core mechanic instead of tie it to a trait! That way they can come up with something more interesting for the Escape Artist trait.

Im wondering if 5 sec of distortion is even enough in some cases, since some phantasms are slower in performing their attack. They need a longer duration of distortion atleast.

If you ask me, phantasms should have distortion on themselves til they become a clone, since they are supposed to be mesmers skills that makes big impact in fights. We want our phantasms to actually deliver their attack so we dont waste our spell for nothing (which has been the case for many years now).

100% this.

• Like 1