How to partake in the weaponmastery Beta?

I'm a little confused, they said every account in good standing can participate. Does that mean arena partners? Do they have a list of specific account that can participate? Everyone? Did they blacklisted they a bunch of accounts for exploits or bad feedback? It is a little vague.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The beta hasn't started yet. ArenaNet are based on the west coast of the USA and it's only about 3am there.

The beta will probably start around the time we normally get patches and new releases, in about 6-7 hours.

Do we need to prepare anything before beta will start?

As from my experience with other beta in GW2 everything will be copied from a default state (you will get a lot of containers that one need to open and start with base amount of Gold and some other currencies that are needed for testing out how story progress and how map events will work) and after beta have ended that account will be reset back to the state it was before beta started, meaning nothing you will do during beta will earn you any Gold (Black Lion TP will be possibly turned off or only have items that are related to beta which will be removed after beta ends), loot or anything else you get from playing will be back to same state we where as before beta started (in other words you don't gain anything on your account as long beta will last).

Not sure if this beta is only beta while in SoTO maps or all maps in this game. Arena Net have made different set up for how beta works almost every time (sometimes all maps, sometimes just the map that is new can be played as beta is going on).

As for reporting issues and asking for changes or even suggesting how things could work from my experience on other beta in GW2 I wouldn't expect much as it looks when Arena Net have decided that this is what they want to publish as final product then it is what they are going to do. Revenent where the last time where some devs where active in GW2 Forum at least and did listen and adjust some part of that profession during HoT beta.

• Confused 1

Betas this far have basically created a copy of your account (bank etc.) that is accessed by beta characters only and that copy gets deleted when beta is over. If Kitty remembers correctly, you can't access TP on beta characters as that could result in market manipulation. Thus, if you want to prepare, Kitty suggests banking ascended gears that you want to use as well as relevant foods (even though beta gives some stuff).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Do we need to prepare anything before beta will start?

As from my experience with other beta in GW2 everything will be copied from a default state (you will get a lot of containers that one need to open and start with base amount of Gold and some other currencies that are needed for testing out how story progress and how map events will work) and after beta have ended that account will be reset back to the state it was before beta started, meaning nothing you will do during beta will earn you any Gold (Black Lion TP will be possibly turned off or only have items that are related to beta which will be removed after beta ends), loot or anything else you get from playing will be back to same state we where as before beta started (in other words you don't gain anything on your account as long beta will last).

Not sure if this beta is only beta while in SoTO maps or all maps in this game. Arena Net have made different set up for how beta works almost every time (sometimes all maps, sometimes just the map that is new can be played as beta is going on).

As for reporting issues and asking for changes or even suggesting how things could work from my experience on other beta in GW2 I wouldn't expect much as it looks when Arena Net have decided that this is what they want to publish as final product then it is what they are going to do. Revenent where the last time where some devs where active in GW2 Forum at least and did listen and adjust some part of that profession during HoT beta.

No new maps or anything other than Weaponmaster Training related to the new expansion in this beta.