Open Betas need improving.

Open Beta characters need gear with legendary stat swappin functionality.

Your current approach of flooding players with literal heaps of exotics that still severely limit build and experimentation options is only harming your own business a-net.
Think of these benefits to choosing the approach I propose above.

1. Players focused on testing instead of wrestling with inventory.

2. Niche and fringe build options still possibly tested.
    Legendary gear does not limit the amount of stat swaps you can do, so even crazier stuff can get tested and reported.

3. Much better benchmarks.
    Exotics have stat deficiencies vs ascended and legendaries which are the end game standard.
    Not to mention the needless hassle with accessories having jewel components, which ascended and leges don't suffer from.

4. Giving players the incentive to play further.
    Making a legendary is no small undertaking, so at least some players may not be interested in doing it, unless they are
    allowed to experience the benefits of having one. As any car salesman knows - test ride sells the car!
    And a player building a lege is a player that's stays here with GW2.

5. Plain fairness.

You ask players to test stuff and provide  feedback for no reward at all.
     Everything earned with beta characters gets wiped after all.
     At the very least then, the process of doing it should be as simple and straightforward as possible.
     Players should not have to wrestle with the game to do get to the good part for both parties.

And no, I'm not saying this legendary equipment needs to be the actual legendaries where we'd all end up looking like x-mass trees.
Feel free to take the competitive legendary armor approach of slapping stat swap functionality on plain looking piece of armor, weaponns and accessories.
It's about the quality of life and accessability, not a bunch of beta characters turning GW2 into one big  disco.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Some vendors that exist solely to sell Runes + Sigils to beta characters would also be extremely welcome, trying to test stuff in WvW without access to common runes such as Pack, Firework etc is not ideal, especially missing stuff that is virtually compulsory for roaming like Sigil of Cleansing.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Esufer.8762 said:

Some vendors that exist solely to sell Runes + Sigils to beta characters would also be extremely welcome, trying to test stuff in WvW without access to common runes such as Pack, Firework etc is not ideal, especially missing stuff that is virtually compulsory for roaming like Sigil of Cleansing.

There is no beta tradingpost that you can buy stuff from?

• Confused 3

I fully agree OP!   There should be stat selectable armor and weapons, I loathe the clutter of stuff in my bags and yet very little of it is what I needed.  Ended up with a mix of my own legendaries and the provided exotics, but it was not optimal.  

I think letting people try the legendaries might actually be really cool for a beta experience.  Besides less clutter and ease of stay swapping, it would give a taste to those who have hesitated on them.  

And some incentive for beta testing, besides just getting a preview of things to come, wouldn't be unwelcome.  A little thank you for participating would be nice, even though I know it's supposed to be to help improve it.  I wonder how many people won't do the beta because it takes away from their usual game time and other than some weapons, there's really nothing to it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

And some incentive for beta testing, besides just getting a preview of things to come, wouldn't be unwelcome.  A little thank you for participating would be nice, even though I know it's supposed to be to help improve it.  I wonder how many people won't do the beta because it takes away from their usual game time and other than some weapons, there's really nothing to it.  

Worth noting that there is a precedent for rewarding beta participation (the War Machine skins in WvW)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I fully agree OP!   There should be stat selectable armor and weapons, I loathe the clutter of stuff in my bags and yet very little of it is what I needed.  Ended up with a mix of my own legendaries and the provided exotics, but it was not optimal.  

I think letting people try the legendaries might actually be really cool for a beta experience.  Besides less clutter and ease of stay swapping, it would give a taste to those who have hesitated on them.  

Agreed on all points. Well said.

• Like 1