With all weapons going core, It would be nice to finally rework staff

On 7/2/2023 at 6:57 AM, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

The reason for those "2k crits in a zerg" are boons, yours and enemies. You can actually crit for 6k from Fireball if you have boons and enemy is light paper without any. On the other hand you'll deal 2k if lucky from same AA if you don't have boons and enemy does. So as long as A-net won't fix boons don't expect buffs to staff at all. If for example they buffed Lava Font and you'd do some 4-6k~ on buffed vs buffed scenario then suddenly you're gonna do 6k++ on buffed vs unbuffed scenarios with ease.
I'm all up for reworking staff, but I'd also be happy if they've brought alternative weapon to the table of 1.2k range like Longbow or even gave us Trident on land.

What about a option for longer ranger single target? sniper ele? OOOH

• Confused 1

@Cal Cohen.2358 a penny for your thoughts. Like I need to know if ranged ele is a pipedream going forward. Meteor, lava font etc. is nerfed to kitten based on pve balance, autos and duals are crawl speed slow, damage is lackluster accross the board for staff, etc. E.g. in wvw there are classes that can stand still without reflect and still tank full bers staff (not even dropping in hp really). Its a joke how neutered dps is.

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Like 1