What is the point of Blood Moon?

Gotejjeken.1267

I think I might be one of five roaming druids left in the game at this point but here goes...

What is the purpose of Blood Moon? 

It works two different ways:

•  For things that root, the bleed is applied during the duration of the root (Jacranda Embrace, Entangle)
  •  For immob/CC, the bleed is applied once at same time immob/CC is applied

I really hope it is supposed to work the first way and this is a bug they fix sometime between now and the expansion.  Because if it is intended to work the second way, who over at anet greenlit 1 bleed (2! in PvE)? 

I can't tell because of the nonsensical ICD it has.  If the ICD is on the daze---why? CA form is 10/15s, so an 8s ICD does little--guess if you had mad alac you could get it down before 8s? I don't think you can regen enough AF though, unless there is some specific conditions I'm missing here (full alac and hitting a boss or something that isn't moving?).  Regardless, why wasn't it just set to 10s/15s to match avatar entry?

If the ICD is on the daze AND bleed, then it means that it is bugged and it should work the second way. 

Can we lay off the water and just have this changed to pulsing while any immob is applied and a slightly stronger (2-3 bleeds) on CC/daze? Then just remove the ICD (or set it to 10/15s), as no one is going to intentionally keep burning CA entry for a daze when Druid has about 5+ other was that are better (sb #5, hilt bash, warhorn #5, glyph, lunar impact, gazelle, etc.).  Can also soon add Hammer to the daze list.

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 1

It's on application and the reason why you get a few bleeds is the fact that ranger has multiple skills that pulse root. It's technically better burst than duration version, but worse if you just use long roots.

The ICD is on daze and there are ways to lower CA CD, so lower ICD has a point and even without it, there is no reason why would you nerf it. Removing the ICD seems fine tho.

Bleed could be buffed, yes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

It's on application and the reason why you get a few bleeds is the fact that ranger has multiple skills that pulse root. It's technically better burst than duration version, but worse if you just use long roots.

The ICD is on daze and there are ways to lower CA CD, so lower ICD has a point and even without it, there is no reason why would you nerf it. Removing the ICD seems fine tho.

Bleed could be buffed, yes.

Which...still doesn't answer if it is bugged.

When you say 'pulses root' do you mean the actual root object that is created by Jacranda / Entangle? Or do you mean 'root' as in immob?

Because for example, this pulses immob and you only get one on application:

Muddy Terrain - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

But Jacranda page 'root' links to the immob page AND a separate 'root object' page:

Jacaranda's Embrace - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Immobile - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Jacaranda's Embrace (object) - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Which makes me think it either should work with ALL pulsing immobs and is bugged or is ONLY working with 'root' object immobs and is bugged, likely because it still has some Ancient Seeds code in there somewhere (which also used to create a physical root object).

As-is, the pulse on physical root application from Jacranda / Entangle is the only thing keeping it somewhat useable in competitive.  If its bleed only on application then it definitely needs to be bumped up by a LOT, considering outside of the pulsing bleeds it is a vastly inferior sharpening stone.

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I can't tell because of the nonsensical ICD it has.  If the ICD is on the daze---why? CA form is 10/15s, so an 8s ICD does little--guess if you had mad alac you could get it down before 8s? I don't think you can regen enough AF though, unless there is some specific conditions I'm missing here (full alac and hitting a boss or something that isn't moving?).  Regardless, why wasn't it just set to 10s/15s to match avatar entry?

If the ICD is on the daze AND bleed, then it means that it is bugged and it should work the second way. 

The ICD is only on the daze, idk how you can't tell. Popping CA in daze range followed by Lunar Impact inflicts 3 bleeds. 

The ICD is basically a non issue that is only in place to prevent some weird synergy with Lingering Light. 

Blood moon feels pretty good atm with Quick Draw in sPvP with wizard ammy. You don't need the high health via carrion, so the added power pump from wizards helps with offensive pressure. It has great synergy with rangers hybrid weapons. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186

2 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

The ICD is only on the daze, idk how you can't tell. Popping CA in daze range followed by Lunar Impact inflicts 3 bleeds. 

The ICD is basically a non issue that is only in place to prevent some weird synergy with Lingering Light. 

Blood moon feels pretty good atm with Quick Draw in sPvP with wizard ammy. You don't need the high health via carrion, so the added power pump from wizards helps with offensive pressure. It has great synergy with rangers hybrid weapons. 

So, you are saying it is bugged then, and still uses some Ancient Seeds code when it comes to Jacranda / Entangle pulsing extra bleeds.

Also, what hybrid weapons? Axe is hybrid, but no CC on that without taking OH axe or WH--both kinda power oriented.  Guessing you mean Shortbow, but Quick Draw confuses me over LoYF.  

Regardless, how are you stacking bleeds using Blood Moon without the pulse? I can get 10 bleeds off sharpening stone + condi clear, but have to burn CA form and waste Lunar Impact for 3 bleeds?

You really think that is 'pretty good'? 

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

So, you are saying it is bugged then, and still uses some Ancient Seeds code when it comes to Jacranda / Entangle pulsing extra bleeds.

Also, what hybrid weapons? Axe is hybrid, but no CC on that without taking OH axe or WH--both kinda power oriented.  Guessing you mean Shortbow, but Quick Draw confuses me over LoYF.  

Regardless, how are you stacking bleeds using Blood Moon without the pulse? I can get 10 bleeds off sharpening stone + condi clear, but have to burn CA form and waste Lunar Impact for 3 bleeds?

You really think that is 'pretty good'? 

I don't think blood moon is bugged, atleast I hope not. 8 sec ICD on bleed application makes the trait trash. 

I was running sw/d + axe/wh, but I could see wizard ammy working with shortbow as well, i just find shortbow resident sleeper. Torch needs some major rework love and I'm not touching it till then. Even with shortbow, I'd still go Quickdraw for increased flexibility + fun factor. 

Yes blood mood is pretty good. You're supposed to use all of your skills though. CA form is way more than just two Lunar impacts. You could double Convergence in the right situations as well. Convergence does a lot of damage man. 

Bleed on Jacaranda root sounds like a bug. 

1 hour ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

I don't think blood moon is bugged, atleast I hope not. 8 sec ICD on bleed application makes the trait trash. 

I was running sw/d + axe/wh, but I could see wizard ammy working with shortbow as well, i just find shortbow resident sleeper. Torch needs some major rework love and I'm not touching it till then. Even with shortbow, I'd still go Quickdraw for increased flexibility + fun factor. 

Yes blood mood is pretty good. You're supposed to use all of your skills though. CA form is way more than just two Lunar impacts. You could double Convergence in the right situations as well. Convergence does a lot of damage man. 

Bleed on Jacaranda root sounds like a bug. 

Even if it is bugged, PvE DPS druid is benching 42k.

Blood moon is fine.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Even if it is bugged, PvE DPS druid is benching 42k.

Blood moon is fine.

I'm mostly talking about competitive here but we have to keep in mind that Blood moon gives double bleeds in PvE.  It may also be benching 42k because of how Jacranda root is currently working. 

Also, Eclipse has way higher dmg/durations in PvE than it does competitive.  

Which raises the other question of if they probably just balanced DPS druid around PvE and left competitive out to dry, since they seem hell bent on pushing support Druid there.  

For now as long as Jacranda root works the way it does I can work around it.  If they 'fix' that then condi druid will be a pretty lost cause in high level competitive play (I used to play immob Druid in plat and do a lot, lot of WvW roaming).  At that point it is proabably wise to draw the line on how much more support this game will get from me.  

4 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I'm mostly talking about competitive here but we have to keep in mind that Blood moon gives double bleeds in PvE.  It may also be benching 42k because of how Jacranda root is currently working. 

Which raises the other question of if they probably just balanced DPS druid around PvE and left competitive out to dry, since they seem hell bent on pushing support Druid there.  

For now as long as Jacranda root works the way it does I can work around it.  If they 'fix' that then condi druid will be a pretty lost cause in high level competitive play (I used to play immob Druid in plat and do a lot, lot of WvW roaming).  At that point it is proabably wise to draw the line on how much more support this game will get from me.  

I'm telling you man, you're sleeping on dps/condi druid in competitive. It does good damage while being quite mobile and having extremely strong teamfight contribution via Glyph of Stars. You're basically a dps support hybrid, much like specter has been in the past

13 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It would lead to complaints down the road, in competitive settings those 2x traits are supposed to add a tad of pressure to an overall support spec, which now can be played: a condi support druid is entirely possible and will be very competitive- a natural convergence with Eclipse on a point is not something you want to be hit with while you're fighting other people, and the ranger will still be able to disappear after winning the team fight. I have tried this combo in PvP and things died much faster than anticipated or even foreseen. I find it's fine like that, better to start a little and add later if needed...than going the other way around

Now it's blood Moon that much better to take in PvP compared to Druidic clarity?...In most case absolutely not but where allowed( you face power oriented enemies) , it will be a no brainer and it will add up quickly with specific CC specs..I wouldn't scoff at a constant 4-5 bleed stacks applied in aoe range, it adds up greatly for when Natural Convergence is ready