Let Loose and Hammer Changes Amazing.

Mell.4873

I was not very hopeful about them removing Fervent Force especially for PVP since it was my go to Dueling Build trait. 

BUT this Trait Let Loose doesn't really remove the spammy gameplay of FF rather replacing it with something that allows you to start some crazy combo's, even for PvE. 

Running Two Axes with lots of CC still trivialises most PvE encounters. Now on top of the stability I'm able to stack I can now life steal an absurd amount. 

Duel Longbow in WvW with either Let Loose or Restorataitive Strikes can give you a crazy amount of healing during a Zerg Clash.

Finally the Hammer Changes bring some much needed AoE and CC to most encounters in the game which was lacking on Ranger before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

how is the new let loose supposed to work ? does it give you an ambush > wep swap > another ambush? or does it just let you wep swap and maintain a ambush option for a short period of time.

currently you need to unleash pet and unleash again for it to work. next patch on 18th it is supposed to be the way you describe. then you can immediatly use it after weapon swap if unleashed.

4 hours ago, pninak.1069 said:

currently you need to unleash pet and unleash again for it to work. next patch on 18th it is supposed to be the way you describe. then you can immediatly use it after weapon swap if unleashed.

Yeah can't wait for that.

It's not to tricky but you can get lost in what state you are in the heat of the moment. After next pack you will only need to change Unleashed state at most once to get you ambush back after weapon swapping not like now where its 1-2 times. 

Genuinely curious how you're handling it so well. I run Longbow/Hammer and really struggle with cooldown walls? I was in a fantastic rhythm with FF, and then adjusted tighter with the 4s -> 3s change, but was manageable. 

But with LL, I tried roaming WvW and couldn't get past a wall of cooldowns. After some messing around, I just moved over to Ferocious Symbiosis. 

I'm glad they're planning to make the change for Ambush as it's waaaaay too convoluted atm.

I'm really missing FF, and hurting without it. So would love to know how you manage to not hit massive cooldowns?

Maybe I'm just god-awful at figuring out this new trait, it honestly doesn't seem helpful to me at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kouplefruit.9631 said:

Genuinely curious how you're handling it so well. I run Longbow/Hammer and really struggle with cooldown walls? I was in a fantastic rhythm with FF, and then adjusted tighter with the 4s -> 3s change, but was manageable. 

But with LL, I tried roaming WvW and couldn't get past a wall of cooldowns. After some messing around, I just moved over to Ferocious Symbiosis. 

I'm glad they're planning to make the change for Ambush as it's waaaaay too convoluted atm.

I'm really missing FF, and hurting without it. So would love to know how you manage to not hit massive cooldowns?

Maybe I'm just god-awful at figuring out this new trait, it honestly doesn't seem helpful to me at all.

Just for a point of reference here, OP mentions dual longbow which is a decidedly meme build (often called the 'arrow cart' because it is primarily used in the safety of structures).

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Just for a point of reference here, OP mentions dual longbow which is a decidedly meme build (often called the 'arrow cart' because it is primarily used in the safety of structures).

That's fair enough. I'm really wanting to know how they get past the cooldowns on their hammer.

Rereading, they do add hammer more as a footnote though. Bummer, because I feel like the cooldowns on hammer and untamed skills were designed with FF in mind, and now it's just a bear to get past them without 1-keying it for 10 seconds. 

Would love to know how LL works (in play) and how to take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 3:55 PM, kouplefruit.9631 said:

Sorry I don't use Hammer in PvP (probably more ping related I live very far from US servers)

I use two Longbows and Quick Draw trait. I have a Soulbeast (high DPS) and Untamed (high survivability) varients.
On the Untamed Duel Longbow I run Restorative Strikes. I spam F5 to get Restorative Strikes back as quickly as possible (seems like it has an internal cooldown of roughly 5 seconds).

This gives me plenty of cooldown reduction without Let it Loose but I can easily trait that if I need more Damage. Generally, I don't need to and rely on Restorative strikes to heal while using Perilous Gift for escaping or chasing.

If you want a specific Let it Loose builds, I also have a Shortbow and Axe + Warhorn roamer (I have all build slots unlocked). I focus on CC and trying to lock down players, so they have no way of closing gaps or leaving Enveloping Haze. Its honestly my strongest Build, Gold 3 in US which is essentially Plat in EU.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:40 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

We have plenty of builds slots so why not waste one on the Arrow Cart. It does amazing at wall sieges or chasing players down. Rapid Fire/Barrage + Multishot + Quick Draw means never ending bursting.

Edited by Mell.4873