History behind cmc's balancing decisions and policies

37 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

This discord was the balance discord

all the rumors you heard of a “toxic balance discord”, was from the same discord you are defending

The Welcome to PvP discord is not the balance discord if I am not mistaken. It is the discord with the class coaches. The balance discord is the wannabe good elitist discord full of gizmo sellers and wintraders i was not defending at all. 

Edited by melcor.1094
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, melcor.1094 said:

The Welcome to PvP discord is not the balance discord if I am not mistaken. It is the discord with the class coaches. The balance discord is the wannabe good elitist discord full of gizmo sellers and wintraders i was not defending at all. 

If there is one, it was probably made after the mass bannings and reform of the welcome to pvp discord.

when I was there it was one of the most toxic discords I’ve ever seen.

never heard of a balance discord- except in referral and reference to the same ppl and behavior as happened on the welcome to pvp discord

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

If there is one, it was probably made after the mass bannings and reform of the welcome to pvp discord.

when I was there it was one of the most toxic discords I’ve ever seen.

never heard of a balance discord- except in referral and reference to the same ppl and behavior as happened on the welcome to pvp discord

I only know that there are 2 different discords existing. One is called Welcome to PvP, with class coaches. the server is mostly to help new and bad ppl to improve, to answer questions about classes and pvp. Everyone can join. The balance discord is not free to join, you need to get a special invite. No clue if this one ever had a specific name.

1 minute ago, melcor.1094 said:

I only know that there are 2 different discords existing. One is called Welcome to PvP, with class coaches. the server is mostly to help new and bad ppl to improve, to answer questions about classes and pvp. Everyone can join. The balance discord is not free to join, you need to get a special invite. No clue if this one ever had a specific name.

Well I have never rejoined the welcome to pvp discord-

they did do a mass ban wave, but I have screens that prove the server owner and mods were at the forefront of this behavior.

they considered themselves the arbiters of truth 

and harassed anyone that disagreed

• Like 1

Some of us in that discord did suggest (what we thought) healthy changes but obviously it never came to pass. 

And to reiterate the symbols mechanic: Old Harrier Firebrand was amazing at side noding and this mechanic was incredibly strong in conjunction with it. 

I voluntarily left because I knew nothing was going to be done. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Well I have never rejoined the welcome to pvp discord-

they did do a mass ban wave, but I have screens that prove the server owner and mods were at the forefront of this behavior.

they considered themselves the arbiters of truth 

and harassed anyone that disagreed

That is sad then, for me that were 2 different server without any link to each other. I know there were an initiative that CmC were talking to the class coaches but stopped at some point. I guess that were when the other more elitist discord was created known as balance discord? 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:07 PM, melcor.1094 said:

That is sad then, for me that were 2 different server without any link to each other. I know there were an initiative that CmC were talking to the class coaches but stopped at some point. I guess that were when the other more elitist discord was created known as balance discord? 

Yeah well I just rejoined the server.
I did nothing wrong, I did see someone threatening ppl but I didn’t say anything , went to sleep:

woke up and I was banned.

so now I guess this server is threatening people and banning them-

definition of toxic

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
  • Sad 1

Anets problem is they are trying to balance everything in the game. Even if you reach perfect equilibrium and everything is viable, a meta will still form and people will get bored of it. 

The game is more interesting when the meta shifts. This bring the player not the class mentality is fundamentally wrong and introduces too many variables for anet to reasonably balance. 

Not to mention they designed entire professions around the boons they provide. They wonder why the difference between pugs and veterans in pve is so high and then double down on what causes the difference.

I am flabbergasted that an person that plays the game can see where we are headed and yet anet has their horse blinders on. Are they too proud to roll back bad design changes? 

Also their balance updates are too infrequent. I’d rather they buffed 1 profession at a time each month instead of introducing 100s of changes without testing them. The fact they can roll changes into a live environment and think that’s okay is astounding. They need to go get some training on change management processes or something. Absolutely unprofessional and really shows inexperience.

• Like 1