What is the point of Bladeturn Requiem (F5) now?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

On 7/28/2023 at 7:46 AM, Mell.4873 said:

But the very same thing exists with a confusion F2 build for Virtuoso. It could easily one-shot Elementalists. 

Lock people down and CC them simple as that. 

Sorry.

This is not possible.  1 shot means 1 shot. If two actions are performed then it is no longer one shot. 

(1) The most confusion I have gotten on someone is 32 stacks (lasted like 1 second then diminishesd very quickly). Whether I have full dire or full trailblazers (plus condi food and utility),  the confusion has never done more than 7300, but that has happened only one time and 7300 is not enough to one shot anything.  After 7300 comes like a 5k hit, but I have never seen a single Ele take more than 1 hard hit from confusion before it is cleansed. 

It is very rare  but when it can happen where an enemy can kill themselves from your confusion. But that is because they are new and hammering as many skills as possible as quick as they can while not paying attention to what conditions are on them. 

On 8/31/2023 at 12:31 AM, keyokku.5412 said:

Mesmer aegis boons, it works really well synergetically even losing the 5 bladesong block, but I'm only mainly talking about roaming and PVE, generally there's not enough or any boon removal to deal with the constant aegis

The F5 was a channeled block. 

Pve I do not do but roam in wvw I always do and I kill virtuosos all the time. All it is is timing and they die.

For example... As my auto attack is about to pop the virtuoso aegis, I have my burst on its way. I make sure to time my massive hits when the virt is unable to dodge. 

For example.... auto attack to pop the aegis but my stun hits almost instantly after the auto attack, then I burst as fast as possible,  including weapon swap if the virt doesn't reorient himself fast enough.  

I have never ever ever ever ever seen any virtuoso capable of defending like Willbenders or Ele's. Even with the F5 Block the defensive capabilities paled in comparison to other classes. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

I have never ever ever ever ever seen any virtuoso capable of defending like Willbenders or Ele's. Even with the F5 Block the defensive capabilities paled in comparison to other classes. 

Not to mention both WB and Ele can disengage very efficiently too. 

• Like 2

F5 needs dmg buff(easiest fix), current form the risk vs reward for using it efficiently needs a better pay off.   The aegis trait is not a trade off, but an investment in traits.   Buff virts unique skill to be worth while.   A scaling effect for each time you stand in it would be fine.

Edited by dead.7638
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 1:14 AM, Jitters.9401 said:

Sorry.

This is not possible.  1 shot means 1 shot. If two actions are performed then it is no longer one shot. 

(1) The most confusion I have gotten on someone is 32 stacks (lasted like 1 second then diminishesd very quickly). Whether I have full dire or full trailblazers (plus condi food and utility),  the confusion has never done more than 7300, but that has happened only one time and 7300 is not enough to one shot anything.  After 7300 comes like a 5k hit, but I have never seen a single Ele take more than 1 hard hit from confusion before it is cleansed. 

It is very rare  but when it can happen where an enemy can kill themselves from your confusion. But that is because they are new and hammering as many skills as possible as quick as they can while not paying attention to what conditions are on them. 

Holy finally someone understands the concept of 1 shot....