Boon-ripping on non-Spellbreaker

Guy.9207

The beta has showed us that Dagger will remove boons on enemies regardless of whether you have Spellbreaker equipped or not (especially Berserker which removes boons via Primal Burst), and looking back at it, thematically it makes no sense. Spellbreaker's main gimmick is boon-ripping even without dagger in their hands (like hammer and mace and other CC skills), but with SotO on the horizon, it really does make me wonder if Spellbreaker will simply lose its identity altogether, both in gameplay and design direction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

But the nerfs in WvW are leading to Spellbreaker loosing its identity.

this. More rips, disenchantment as a mechanic spread throughout the traits, slightly more damage. It’s time for spellbreaker to vengeance!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

This is the way. Also make Aura's boons so we can rip them too.

Also make health a boon so we can rip that too…? 10% health for every boon ripped that isn’t there, spell has now transcended into god-hood.

• Haha 1

I tried my Spellbreaker last night with 2hand hammer and -remove boon sigil with winds.  I had 8 strips per fight.  

..... While in the meantime three scourges have 25 strips each per fight average and they were nerfed..... Gimme a break. 

I miss my warrior "Lays him to rest next to my old Chrono Mes". 

• Haha 1

after nerfing break enchantments to strip only 1 boon this recent patch, do you guys actually believe the boon strip for 2, 4, 6 on mh dagger will make it out of beta? and even if it did do you guys believe its there to stay? 😁

come on guys we been playing this game for a decade, we know whats up. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Untamed is slept on, much better than Spellbreaker for a frontline melee boonrip class, with much more potent boon share and debilitating conditions.

Also you can play Soulbeast with Axes now and easily compete with Berserker (Arc divider trash) in melee and guess what, you can entirely replace the berserker for the stanceshare of the SLB with the decent damage and ELITE SPIRIT for rezzing (aka Battle Standard).

Ranger is the new Warrior now for melee. It was doing ok before, now after this patch its just superior.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Untamed is slept on, much better than Spellbreaker for a frontline melee boonrip class, with much more potent boon share and debilitating conditions.

Also you can play Soulbeast with Axes now and easily compete with Berserker (Arc divider trash) in melee and guess what, you can entirely replace the berserker for the stanceshare of the SLB with the decent damage and ELITE SPIRIT for rezzing (aka Battle Standard).

Ranger is the new Warrior now for melee. It was doing ok before, now after this patch its just superior.

It hurts knowing I actually went to recreate my Ranger into a Warrior.

• Sad 1