Gifting expansion to a friend, is it possible through official GW2 store?

As the title says, I bought SotO for myself and want to buy a copy for my cousin, I can't find a way to do it and when I search online I only find reseller stores, is there an official list of resellers if I cant buy it through the official store?

If you bought it for yourself, you should know that you're basically buying an activation code that you have to tie to your account separately.

So you should be able to just buy the xpac again and give the code to your cousin if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

Endaris is correct.  I have bought expansions for friends multiple times over the years, always direct from ANet.  In every case I have just pasted the code into email or chat with them.  I do make sure to do it when they are ready to apply the code and can immediately confirm to me that it worked, purely out of unreasonable paranoia that something will go wrong if the code sits around too long (eg getting hacked or something).  It has worked every time.

• Like 4

Thank you for all your responses. I did not realise they sent you a serial, That is how I used to buy GW1 expansions Factions, Nightfall, EotN for friends / family.. I thought they now only allowed you to directly buy it for your account and sent no serials and only able to gift purchases using the Gem Store gift button.

I had bought the expansion for myself in game.

keep in mind that support can't help you if you gift your serial code to someone else. they also can't help that player with any problems they have with the expansion if something goes wrong, although they are entitled to full support for the game otherwise.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 2