Unfair pricing for old players

32 minutes ago, Heroic.6740 said:

It's like you are paying for an Apple product for 1k$ but in the same day a guy buys it for 100$. Will you OK with that and how?

This already happens depending on what country you live in. I live in one of the most expensive countries in the world, and I’m fine knowing other countries pay less for the same product. In fact I’m glad they can buy it for less as their living situation is probably more difficult than mine.

Same applies for gw2. If steam players can pay less there, it doesn’t bother me. Or affect me. I will however keep paying directly to anet to support them as I feel they should get my money and not steam. 

You’re free to feel however you feel about this, but sales on steam is not anets decision 

• Like 3

Just now, Freya.9075 said:

This already happens depending on what country you live in. I live in one of the most expensive countries in the world, and I’m fine knowing other countries pay less for the same product. In fact I’m glad they can buy it for less as their living situation is probably more difficult than mine.

Same applies for gw2. If steam players can pay less there, it doesn’t bother me. Or affect me. I will however keep paying directly to anet to support them as I feel they should get my money and not steam. 

You’re free to feel however you feel about this, but sales on steam is not anets decision 

6 minutes ago, Heroic.6740 said:

I live in the location of that supermarket. But the product owner doesn't let me go that supermarket. It forces me to use game shop. I'm totally OK if the product owner lets me use supermarket or game shop. The problem is the force that you need to use video game shop. 

I live in the totally same place that buys cheaper. But the product owner doesnt let me use cheaper one.

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Heroic.6740 said:

I live in the totally same place that buys cheaper. But the product owner doesnt let me use cheaper one.

Steam and anet is not the same owner though. It’s two separate sellers. If anet had two different gem stores and locked you out of the cheaper one then yes, I would agree. But this is not the case here. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Freya.9075 said:

If anet had two different gem stores and locked you out of the cheaper one then yes, I would agree.

Whats the difference between expansions and gems? 

In my opinion you can buy gems with gold, who cares. But the expansions blocks you to join a content.

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Confused 5

Just now, Heroic.6740 said:

You surely know that. I should say it in a different way: If Anet had two separate stores on their website where they sold their expansions and locked you out from the cheaper one, I would agree. Better? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heroic.6740 said:

In my opinion you can buy gems with gold, who cares. But the expansions blocks you to join a content.

Well you can start over if you wanna play on steam noone is stoping you.

Anet made it clear old accounts will not be able to be transfered to steam, because steam take a cut of everything.

Steam users cant get gem cards from give away since big daddy steam want 30% of all the gem money on accounts made on their platform.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Hmm if we want to stretch metaphors:  it is more like your local supermarket recently got the green version of the game that you own.  The problem is that years ago you bought the red version of the game at the game store located in the neighboring town.  If you want to upgrade your red version you will have to spend money on petrol for the trip to the neighboring town and for the trip back.  On the other hand you could just walk to the local supermarket and buy the green version and its upgrade without spending any money for petrol.  You have chosen an interesting option: you are calling the game store and demanding that they lower the cost of the red upgrade to offset the cost of the petrol you have to use to drive to their store.  You also suggest that the game store could deliver the red upgrade to your address without charging a delivery fee.

• Like 1

If Anet had two separate stores on their website where they sold their expansions and locked you out from the cheaper one, I would agree.

There are 2 separate stores... I have a 9 year old geared character with HoT and PoF. I wish to use Steam "STORE" to buy the expansions. But the game forces me to buy it somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well you can start over if you wanna play on steam noone is stoping you.

Anet made it clear old accounts will not be able to be transfered to steam, because steam take a cut of everything.

Steam users cant get gem cards from give away since big daddy steam want 30% of all the gem money on accounts made on their platform.

Well if its possible to give my 9 years to start over. I really wish. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Zebulous.2934 said:

Hmm if we want to stretch metaphors:  it is more like your local supermarket recently got the green version of the game that you own.  The problem is that years ago you bought the red version of the game at the game store located in the neighboring town.  If you want to upgrade your red version you will have to spend money on petrol for the trip to the neighboring town and for the trip back.  On the other hand you could just walk to the local supermarket and buy the green version and its upgrade without spending any money for petrol.  You have chosen an interesting option: you are calling the game store and demanding that they lower the cost of the red upgrade to offset the cost of the petrol you have to use to drive to their store.  You also suggest that the game store could deliver the red upgrade to your address without charging a delivery fee.

If you buy the green version of the game, you need to play with the green version servers of the game.

But if you want red version owners pay more then green versions but they will play in same game, same stats, same items, same... thats unfair.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

There are 2 separate stores... I have a 9 year old geared character with HoT and PoF. I wish to use Steam "STORE" to buy the expansions. But the game forces me to buy it somewhere else.

Steam is not anet. Why is that so difficult to understand? I don’t know what else people can tell you to clear things up for you. I’m sorry you feel this way, but this is not anets fault. If you want to complain, you should complain to steam for taking 30% of the sales over there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Steam is not anet. Why is that so difficult to understand? I don’t know what else people can tell you to clear things up for you. I’m sorry you feel this way, but this is not anets fault. If you want to complain, you should complain to steam for taking 30% of the sales over there. 

Steam is Anet because there is not a STEAM SERVER of the game. We are playing totally same game but different prices.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Then they need to play with the 11 months servers. Not millenium aged servers.

So you have been able to play the game for 8 more years then the steam people is that worth nothing?

And we dont have servers like that they open up maps as needed so its better for everyone if the playerbase is not split up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

So you have been able to play the game for 8 more years then the steam people is that worth nothing?

And we dont have servers like that they open up maps as needed so its better for everyone if the playerbase is not split up.

Then make it same price to everyone.. Why do i have to pay more even there is a local pricing for the SAME GAME 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Heroic.6740 said:

Then make it same price to everyone.. Why do i have to pay more even there is a local pricing for the SAME GAME 

So you would be delighted if Steam users had to pay more for their game? That is such a selfish viewpoint.

• Like 2

No. If there's a local pricing why do i have pay more?

Because Steam store and Anet store dont mix.

You bought the game 9 years ago so you only had the option to buy from Anet store.

If you wish to buy it cheaper then by all means buy a new account from Steam store and start over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1