Support warrior in PvP/WvW

WhoWantsAHug.3186

Hey guys, I posted this on a different forum and thought I should also share it in the warrior subsection. Let me know what y'all think and feel free to suggest any more changes for support warrior!

Proposed changes for PvP support warrior,   mostly through the Tactics traitline

1. Roaring Reveille - this trait should also grant 3-5 stacks of might on both warhorn skills

2. Empowering Allies - this trait should now grant AoE might on weapon swap and/or increases might duration by 20%

3. Mending Might (minor trait) - this should now heal allies when granting them might, buff healing value/scaling.

4. Banner of Tactics - This banner should now be instant cast AND stunbreak for the warrior. 

As you can see, my changes focus on integrating might application with healing allies. This fits thematically with warrior and will increase viability. 

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Like 2

with the recent changes to soldier's comfort and double standards, bringing in partywide protection and resolution, support warrior has honestly been feeling great in 2+ play in wvw.

i'm still polishing the builds but i'm feeling very good about it.

for pve if you build for it you can bring protection, resolution and stability, together with support level dps, its not quickness and alacrity but it feels very very good. specially the partywide stability.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

with the recent changes to soldier's comfort and double standards, bringing in partywide protection and resolution, support warrior has honestly been feeling great in 2+ play in wvw.

i'm still polishing the builds but i'm feeling very good about it.

for pve if you build for it you can bring protection, resolution and stability, together with support level dps, its not quickness and alacrity but it feels very very good. specially the partywide stability.

Durability Runes or Herald Runes should help out. More AoE protection.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Durability Runes or Herald Runes should help out. More AoE protection.

I built mine crit capped with 55% increased boon duration, its the best i could put out, any less than that on the scales and the build's dps suffers with very little gains in boon uptime.

the build put out acceptable dps as a support, but the boon uptime was terrible.

Sadly it doesn't come anywhere near the utility and uptime support dps of other classes can bring.

So its back to the drawing board as far as PvE goes.

That said, they've put in some building blocks to work with, I can only pray that it develops over time, thats as positive as i can get. 😁

The 10s ICD on marching orders really needs to go, they should just have it trigger on burst use which is already restricted by the technical 5s ICD on weapon swap 10s w/o fast hands.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

whats funny is that, berserker can simply not support for the life of it.

it had the potential

but everything it does requires adrenaline, if it takes adrenaline boosts, it have no support

if it takes support, it got not enough adrenaline to even cast it's class mechanic.

in pve, it's rage skills is demanded for extension, in pvp it is demanded for adrenaline, every single rage skill in pvp is a mini signet of fury with added effects.

berserker is possibly the most limiting spec in the entire game.

for spellbreaker, a single to the limit is enough to cast burst and full counter.

for berserker, one burst skill, your entire bar is gone. but you need the boons from entering berserk to support. so you need to hold your adrenaline, but if you hold it all your weapon skills are trash without burst skill, but if you burn to the limit only for adrenaline, you will die so fast.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1