The endgame makes me want to quit (new player)

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Aren't level 80 boosters already added to expansion purchases?

If it's about booster taking you into EoD-like training grounds instead of silverwastes then I don't have anything against that. But EoD training grounds isn't what you were talking about in your previous posts.

Yes that is literally what I've been talking about....a tutorial much like the EoD tutorial, attached to a level 80 boost. Literally what I've been talking about this entire time lol. I've been using WoW's boost class trial as an example. This would not need to be mandatory, just be available as a selectable option. Instead of silverwastes, it takes you to a training area that teaches you HOW to use abilities....much like EoD's tutorial. The good news is, Anet already has the EoD tutorial built! They could easily link it to a boost!

• Confused 7

40 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

Yes that is literally what I've been talking about....a tutorial much like the EoD tutorial, attached to a level 80 boost. Literally what I've been talking about this entire time lol. I've been using WoW's boost class trial as an example. This would not need to be mandatory, just be available as a selectable option. Instead of silverwastes, it takes you to a training area that teaches you HOW to use abilities....much like EoD's tutorial. The good news is, Anet already has the EoD tutorial built! They could easily link it to a boost!

Come on now... No, your previous posts weren't talking about what the EoD training grounds provides. EoD still doesn't tell you anything about builds, rotations or "using this particular skill after that particular skill" to teach you how your specific class plays. It's ok to change your idea about anything, for whatever reason, but don't tell me this is what you were talking about. Like... here, for example, you're saying that what you want isn't anywhere in the game:

4 hours ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

So if it DOES matter, point me to where the game shows you what order in which certain abilities should be used? I don't think you can.

I still disagree with your previous posts and think it's unneeded for the reasons I gave in direct responses to those. But I have nothing against having EoD-training-grounds-like areas, even moreso when pretty sure I was already saying it could be a good idea to have similar ones even in core or at least in every new expansion.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

24 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Come on now... No, your previous posts weren't talking about what the EoD training grounds provides. EoD still doesn't tell you anything about builds, rotations or "using this particular skill after that particular skill" to teach you how your specific class plays. It's ok to change your idea about anything, for whatever reason, but don't tell me this is what you were talking about. Like... here, for example, you're saying that what you want isn't anywhere in the game:

I still disagree with your previous posts and think it's unneeded for the reasons I gave in direct responses to those. But I have nothing against having EoD-training-grounds-like areas, even moreso when pretty sure I was already saying it could be a good idea to have similar ones even in core or at least in every new expansion.

And I disagree, I think it's needed for some players to have an optional tutorial attached to a boost. I don't think tooltips are sufficient enough to cover all types of new players, I just don't.

• Confused 6

29 minutes ago, demonbeetle.2387 said:

Bro you are in the biggest toxic leftist carebear community ever lmao you actually think this is going to happen nah-ah

In game they are :3 but in reality its the kitten opposite 😉

haha GOTEM! Your name is fitting as you ARE a demon man haha 

• Confused 6

17 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

And I disagree, I think it's needed for some players to have an optional tutorial attached to a boost. I don't think tooltips are sufficient enough to cover all types of new players, I just don't.

...so now you're back to what you were actually saying instead of "what EoD already does!", but you once again used that opportunity to completely disregard what I responded to your previous idea. I see the pattern here and it doesn't have much to do with having an actual discussion. Oh well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...so now you're back to what you were actually saying instead of "what EoD already does!", but you once again used that opportunity to completely disregard what I responded to your previous idea. I see the pattern here and it doesn't have much to do with having an actual discussion. Oh well.

And you keep running in circles, refusing to give a straight forward answer. Do you think tooltips are enough and a tutorial is not required when new players are boosting a toon? (Its either a yes or a no). 

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

And you keep running in circles, refusing to give a straight forward answer. Do you think tooltips are enough and a tutorial is not required when new players are boosting a toon? (Its either a yes or a no). 

And they have already answered that yes it is enough if people want teachers they can google up outside guides the community have introduced.

There are both writen and video guides out there and the players are better then the developers in finding out the optimal rotations.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The author didn't even complain about not understanding the mechanics and combat and you are talking about combat tutorials.

He complained about endgame content and currencies and such. And this gets introduced gradually if you just follow the story. You dont really need to play the vanilla game, its boring anyway. You can boost and jump into any expansion if you dont care for story continuity, the game is easy if you are experienced player. But from there on try to follow the story thread and it will introduce you to content. You can start any story chapter (expansion...) in your hero panel at any time and switch between them as you will.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1